Nokia 7.2 | Android 10 | 3 Button Navigation App in System App List

To HMD/Nokia/Admin I would like to inform you that 3 Button Navigation App showing in System App List. But I am unable to activate this.

Nokia 7.2 | Android 10 | 3 Button Navigation App in System App List

chetan18 chetan18
✭✭✭  / 

To

HMD/Nokia/Admin

I would like to inform you that 3 Button Navigation App showing in System App List. But I am unable to activate this.

Please guide me how to activate this app and use 3 Button Navigation on my phone.

For your reference I have attached below screenshot.

I am waiting for guidance.

Comments

• Manish Toor Manish Toor
    ✭✭✭  / 

@chetan18 Yeah you are right.i too have also found 3 button navigation but there is no option to activate it.

• Frans De Groot Frans De Groot
    ✭✭  / 

Works oke now 7.2 afther the update tru Android 10. Best from Nokia now.

• victory.v10 victory.v10
    ✭✭  / 

@chetan18 you are right. I have also found 3 button navigation but there is no option to activate it. and waiting for resolution from @singhnsk @HMDLaura

• 1st goto gesture click on full time navigation..then download poco launcher and set it as default launcher now it will show 3 botton navigation...then again change the default launcher to homestep and uninstall the poco launcher...

It will help you in gett6the 3 navigation button

• chetan18 chetan18
    ✭✭✭  / 

@FTBK I would like to inform you that 3 Button Navigation App Showing in the System App List. How to activate it or use this app.

You are suggesting to install third party app. So you are suggesting something different than my question.

I would like to request you please read my post carefully Once again.

After installation of Android 10 on Nokia 7.2 , 3 Button Navigation App is showing in System App List and unable to use it. How to use ? Please reply this question only that will help to me and I am obliged for that.

• FTBK FTBK
    ✭✭✭  / 

@chetan18, so... this app (and 2 Button Navigation) are optional parts of systemUI.

If you try to reinstall them, you'll see that you can't launch these apps

That means that they are parts of another app.

If you continue digging deeper, you will find that their package names contain "internal.systemui".

So, according to my experience, the apps with similar properties are addons, which are focused on handling some optional activity(-ies) or libraries. Usually there is no way to launch such apps alone, because they depend on another process.

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  / 

A "small annoyance" found when using Nova Launcher with 3 buttons enabled:

The "Close all" button is missing...

Is it visible with other launchers?

Note:

ABD shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.android.launcher3

kills the 3'rd button function totally...

• Siox Siox
    ✭✭  / 

Let me declare, how the 3 button navigation will not work on some Android Devices with Android 10.

The 3 button navigation is an old navigation. This will reduce the space on your display. The oldest navigation is the hardware button navigation. Later the hardware buttons was included in software buttons.

Now, the software buttons are obsolete too. The next way to control your Smartphone are gestures.

The only way to enable the 3 button navigation is. Find an old app that is needed this navigation. But may in Android 11. This app will not run.