Are we ever getting the promised Nokia 9 Camera update?

When Android was released for Nokia 9, we were expecting a packaged camera update; but we were told that it's coming later as a separate update :\

Are we ever getting the promised Nokia 9 Camera update?

fmukbil97 fmukbil97
✭✭✭  / 

When Android was released for Nokia 9, we were expecting a packaged camera update; but we were told that it's coming later as a separate update :\

I don't have high hopes any way, N9PV is as an experiment after all :\

For what could have been revolutionary, sorry...

Comments

• vanshee vanshee
    ✭✭  / 

I don't think we're getting any updates besides the monthly security patches. We should be getting Android 11 when it comes out, at least that's what Nokia promised - two major Android iterations for the lifetime of Nokia 9. But I don't believe it's going to happen. They going to kill the phone before that. Plenty of reasons - one of them is the phone is experimental piece.

• Jandemee Jandemee
    ✭✭  / 

Das ganze war ein Marketing Experiment! Hardware oder Software wollte und wird HMD nie innovative Produkte bringen!

• youhippy youhippy
    ✭✭✭  / 

I don't think anyone will be using a Nokia 9 by the time Android 11 comes out. We're all sick of it.

• SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
    ✭✭✭  / 

Rough translation: The whole thing was a marketing experiment! Hardware or software never wanted or will bring HMD innovative products!

I read somewhere they were pressured by FIH to release it since they invested in Light but don't quote me on that.

• SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
    ✭✭✭  / 

Don't get your hopes up. Here was @juho's statement back in December about the lack of Night mode on their flagship phone:

Which, of course, contradicts the official statement by Nokia Mobile HMD's official twitter page a few days back

¯\(°_o)/¯

Why Nokia tolerates this level of incompetence (that eventually tarnishes their brand, mind you) is beyond me. We can only hope the new leadership steers HMD in the right direction before this whole revival all comes crashing down.

/rant

• Joshua Young Joshua Young
    ✭✭  / 

The camera app on my Nokia 9 hangs so often while taking pictures I do not use it for important events anymore. Either the view freezes or it hangs trying to save a photo. I find it ironic that the most unreliable part of my Nokia 9 is the camera. If I turn off RAW and depth the camera is a little more stable but then why have this phone. My wife's Nokia 7.2 is faster with the camera and I think it takes better photos especially in low light.