What is my fault

I want to update my device. But what is my fault? What to do to get updates for Nokia 2 Android 9 Pie https://us.v-cdn.net/6031042/uploads/497/52LJOV5HD33A.png

What is my fault

Anis nomani Anis nomani
✭✭  / 

I want to update my device. But what is my fault? What to do to get updates for Nokia 2 Android 9 Pie

Comments

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 6

@Anis nomani

There is no fault in the device but as said by HMD Laura on June 28,2019 Regarding Pie Update here I'm Quoting those comments

Hi all, 

It seems like support had a little misunderstanding here. Android OS Upgrades, such as 9 Pie, require a high level of chipset performance and available device memory in order to deliver an optimal level of end user satisfaction.

From our internal testing, the Nokia 2 is not able to offer complete end user satisfaction with the later OS Upgrades. As a result, we will not be offering Android 9 Pie (or any subsequent Android Upgrades) to Nokia 2. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding and the raised hopes. 

Best regards, 

Laura 

Also Please Note that HMD has wrapped up the software support for Nokia 2 on November 2019 with Google Security Patch 2019-11 for both Android 7.1.1 Nougat and Android 8.1 Oreo ,and upgrade to Oreo 8.1 may also pulled off starting from January 1,2020 onwards

With this Nokia 2 has completed two years of great journey in second chapter of Nokia Phone Resurrection