How to keep your flagships up to date, teaching by Samsung

Hi all, I already posted about Samsung setting the new standard for Android updates, providing 4 years for some of their Enterprise Edition smartphones.

How to keep your flagships up to date, teaching by Samsung

madbilly madbilly
Super User  /  edited April 6

Hi all,

I already posted about Samsung setting the new standard for Android updates, providing 4 years for some of their Enterprise Edition smartphones. Well, they are also showing that updates for flagships shouldn't only be about security but also about features, because the new update for the Galaxy 10 series phones will bring many new features from the Galaxy 20 series phones, including:

• 60fps recording in 4K
  • A bunch of new photography features for the camera, including "single take" which creates video and photos from a single recording (cool feature)
  • Music share (indirect bluetooth proxying I think)
  • Quick Share (like Apple Airdrop)

This is how software updates for flagship phones should be done. It reminds me of the Lumia software updates Amber, Blue, Cyan and Denim, or Symbian 3, Anna, Belle etc.

Did the 8, 8 Sirocco or 9 PureView get anything like this significance in any of their updates?

Oh, I forgot - broken compass and geotagging in Nokia 8 upgrade from Android 8.1 to 9 for 4-5 months! 🤣

"Just Keeps Getting Better"? I'm not so sure Florian.

Cheers 🙂

Comments