[Moved] After March security patch update 2020 Nokia 8.1 - Page 2

Still hope Nokia will provide fix for valid issues.

[Moved] After March security patch update 2020 Nokia 8.1

Comments

• Indian09 Indian09
    ✭✭  / 

Still hope Nokia will provide fix for valid issues.

• Arvind Tripathi Arvind Tripathi
    ✭✭  / 

Since last few days I m facing issue of notification ring volume.even if I keep volume levels at minimum,it rings in full volume for all notifications.

Pls help in this.@singhnsk

• DoctorDel DoctorDel
    ✭✭  / 

Hey man... Dont ever put the phone overnight for charging.., you dont know the basic thing.. & indian version phones are having the complaint regarding fast charging after the latest update. That what we all are complaining.

May be you wont have problem regarding it , so dont say some weird reasons to justify a bug in the update.

Ps note: we took the phone as the company advertised the phone is having fast charging facility.

• markw49 markw49
    ✭✭✭  / 

I've always charged my phone overnight, why shouldn't I? and who says it's a bug and not an intentional change in the charging logic to extend battery life? Maybe you lot need to stop moaning about what you deem a bug but others might deem a good feature to extend the battery life.

Also what do you mean I don't know the basic thing? that's a bit presumptuous of you isn't it? you know nothing about me and for your information I have a degree in Mathematics and have taught advanced electronics and maths to engineers so know a bit more than 'the basic thing' maybe it's you who doesn't know anything..

• Indian09 Indian09
    ✭✭  / 

@madbilly @Vasudev1

I don't what's the problem with this guy.

We don't wanna know who are u or what u do @markw49 don't put ur nose in each and everything we all are facing multiple issues and what stupidity you are talking no one can get you are using a different version be happy with that there's no sense in your talks,phone was sold with fast Charging feature and then ur saying 2hr30min. Charge time is ok to improve battery life,show ur mathematics somewhere else.

We hope Nokia will provide a fix for all, i don't get how much free n idle you are i have seen your comment on every Nokia 8.1 issue posted by community members,if they all are facing issues they are complaining then y ur putting ur nose in each n every post defending the issues blaming the users.

Go get a life rather than wasting other's time nobody wants to argue with a person like u who is totally illogical and hypocrite.

• markw49 markw49
    ✭✭✭  / 

Interesting post...people say I don't know the basics so I contest that then you say you don't want who I am or what I do? Now who's the hypocrite? certainly not me. I also don't need to use maths to show that charging slower improves battery life there are plenty of articles about it on the internet like this one:

where it specifically says further down the article that

and also

Also what I do with my free time is of no consequence to you besides I'm getting fed up of all this so maybe you need to get a life and enjoy using your phone instead of constantly trying to find faults with it

• Indian09 Indian09
    ✭✭  /  edited April 13

You have things only to talk about charging time and battery life with which no-one seems to be agreeing what about about rest of the issues it is a very good trick too fool the customer telling them you have problem with your brain everything is fine supported by illogical explanations.

• markw49 markw49
    ✭✭✭  / 

Your message makes no sense, problem with my brain? what are you on? as regards the battery and charging, how many are complaining about it? 2? 3? not that many at all when you think about it. Plus my explanations aren't illogical, you just refuse to accept them.

I have no issues with loss of detail in the camera, don't really notice any problem with charging percentage as I charge overnight. Don't care about face unlock as Google removed the feature as the Nokia's don't have the supporting hardware to make it secure and it was pretty crap on my Nokia 950XL.

• Prasun Barua Prasun Barua
    ✭✭  / 

I bought my Nokia 8.1 from India. After March 2020 update the phone is getting very hot even with minimal use.

• Joe2101 Joe2101
    ✭✭  / 

I'm talking about model TA-1121 indian version

As this issue is only faced by Indian devices

Heats up while charging

I know that rapid charging only works when the phone is not in use and I don't use any ambient display I have tried chaging turning off device

18w rapid charger does not make sense if it takes more than 3hrs

Red line is not a hardware failure because in safe mode it isn't seen

Which model do you have?

• markw49 markw49
    ✭✭✭  / 

TA-1128

• Vasudev1 Vasudev1
    ✭✭  / 

You can refer this thread where I provided a solution. You don't have to manually install the apk from apkmirror instead just disable Find my device as per this thread and clear data of google play service and google play store followed by a reboot to fix up the 80% of the battery issues and overheating.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/12/13/fyi-find-my-device-doesnt-need-to-be-on-in-device-admin-apps-to-remotely-wipe-or-lock-your-phone-on-android-10/

Took a week to figure out the issue via Battery historian and spent lot of hours in narrowing down the issue. I had to remove most evenwell bloatware to get battery life and thermals to a sane state! I'm very sure my next phone won't be from HMD for couple of years until BL unlock and factory OTA flashing at the comfort of your residence or office.

https://support.google.com/android/thread/38363963?hl=en