Please use Fabula design again!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031042/uploads/800/SNG5O6L0JLRK.jpg https://us.v-cdn.net/6031042/uploads/368/EYIS549E8VPE.jpg Fabula Design is the best design of all…

Please use Fabula design again!

YogiAgs YogiAgs
✭✭  / 

Fabula Design is the best design of all Nokia phones and looks very unique, especially with the choice of bright colors that are very beautiful. This will make your Nokia phone look unique, please reuse this design!

Comments

• Nouman019 Nouman019
    ✭✭  / 

Yes @HMDLaura. Please use the Fabula design again. This design and these colours will force to buy a Nokia again. The signature Nokia design!

• SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 21

As for why no custom UI, the benefits they get from the close Google partnership probably helps to keep them afloat as well - some Nokia phones now ship with Google One, News, etc. pre-installed.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi all,

I agree Fabula design was and still is great. But can it work with modern design trends? E.g. full display with no chins?

I think it probably can, but we wouldn't see as much of the Fabula design when using the phone so it would be less wow.

As for a Nokia-feeling UI - yes please! No to beige Android! But I agree with @SirFaceFone that there are probably financial incentives for HMD to stick to beige.

Cheers 🙂

✭✭✭  / 

I think it can be done. Closest thing I could find to a modern Fabula phone are probably the Xperia 1 (it even has a shutter button!) or the LG Velvet

But yes, given the trends today, the front will most likely have to be all screen with the usual cutout or (in the near future) under-display cameras.

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 21

Yes, it can. In fact I have always seen that design specially made for this era. For example: Take a Nokia Lumia 920 or the N9 in the main post and replace that front glass with a display. You have a less bezel fabula design phone. And the metal fabula design phones were just about to launch but we know what happened next.

• Nouman019 Nouman019
    ✭✭  / 

Chins are acceptable. I can even accept a forehead without notch. But We want the Fabula design back. Please!

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 22

Hi @SirFaceFone,

Good example with Xperia 1, it's pretty close, but I think many other designs are too. I suppose my point is: Fabula wouldn't be very different from anything else these days. However, maybe it would be enough different that it would give that Nokia feeling again.

What is the software that all these "concept" artists use when they create their ideas for future phones (even when the concepts are dull!)?

Cheers 🙂

• DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Thanks for the tip @DibyaXP I'll take a look! 😃

✭✭✭✭  / 

If you can work with thes tools then do make some concepts. We are here to share ideas.🙈😁

✭✭✭✭  / 

Check this concept. This is definitely inspired by the Nokia Lumia 830 Limited Gold Edition. Just the sensor placement and also the camera housing needs a bit of adjustment.

✭✭✭  / 

Love that. But it looks like it'll be a pain to hold with those sharp corners

✭✭✭  / 

Not sure, they probably use Adobe software. But I know ConceptCreator uses KeyShot, Maya and Fusion 360 for his (video) concepts.

✭✭✭  / 

Speaking of ConceptCreator, he posted a teaser recently 👀

✭✭✭✭  / 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @Kartik Gada,

I can't get that Nokia Archive link you posted to work, can you just post the pic here?

And that ZEISS camera concept... meh, it's just a drab render. Or maybe I'm not looking at the right image?

Cheers 🙂

✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 28

Wait. What? Where did the link go. It is visible in the quoted reply by SirFacePhone. Another forum bug?

Here's the link again:

and here are images:

If you curve the corners you get this 👇️👇️ (Yes, this is LG Velvet and I removed that ugly notch. Now this looks like a modern Fabula)

@singhnsk It is beautiful now and symmetrical too. A lot like what fabula was from the front.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Thanks for posting the pics @Kartik Gada.

I like that render, but it's pretty basic.

Also my problem with all these concept renders is that they're only skin deep, where are the people who are conceptualising the internals which make the outside viable?

Cheers 🙂

• SIDHEEK SIDHEEK
    ✭✭  / 

This topic really is an interesting one

The Fabula design will really help Nokia to stand out as a unique brand, with that an all screen device without any chin or forehead will be astonishing to see ... If the iconic Nokia logo is placed on the back in a portrait style it will truly make it a premium feel. And I oppose the implementation of the logo on the front side. Afterall the Fabula design will be unique so no need to place the logo on the front side.

The main thing that I like to see is Nokia's own app ecosystem and online services which will replace Google apps and services. Bringing back the Ovi Store, Here maps and navigation, Nokia music, Nokia mail, Nokia account, Nokia's own AI assistant, and many more including a video sharing platform to rival YouTube........

Really hoping HMD will consider the needs of the users community and fans to give it a go.

💖💖💖