Anyone noticed a disabled app picmix after android 10 update

Comments

• Yes

• Akhil Akhil
    ✭✭✭  / 

Anyone know why there is an unknown app in an android one phone. @HMDLaura

• NPraw NPraw
    ✭✭✭  / 

Can you tell if the PicMix app you mention is the same like this one? It is pretty strange because that app is one of sideloaded system app for the Indonesian version of Nokia 6 (2017).

• NPraw NPraw
    ✭✭✭  / 

Wow. Given 7.2 is not (cmiiw) FIH-related Nokia/HMD device and 7.2 does not make any appearance in Indonesia, it's kinda weird to see that app appear on a device that HMD does not sold in Indonesia like 7.2, even if it's disabled.

I can't comment why it is suddenly installed on the device after Android 10 update. I don't have any idea about that, really. Maybe HMD/others have their insights on this.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I performed a hard reset post updating. And I don't see such an app, neither disabled, nor enabled. So, probably an app installed during Android 9 instead?

The only disabled apps I see are the ones I disabled.

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 2020

@singhnsk

It's not visible in the "normal" app-list in settings but If You look at apps via "Application Inspector" it's there as disable app...

Edit

Added screenshot:

• FTBK FTBK
    ✭✭✭  / 

I did a hard reset, too. But there is picmix v7.8.1 in system apps, it was disabled by default, and I uninstalled it via ADB (some non critical info in the screenshot is provided in native language)

Maybe it installs itself in some regions?

• Akhil Akhil
    ✭✭✭  / 

I did hard reset two times. The app is still there..

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Got it. Sorry for the confusion 😅

I think this follows the standard way as we saw with FIH phones. The app will be enabled when the product SKUID matches the market in which it is supposed to be enabled. And we have seen that software used is often shared across devices. For example, the 6.2 and 7.2 both run on nearly identical hardware. In fact, the Android 10 build for 7.2 also booted just fine on the 6.2.

For FIH phones, the BaBe app and the regional app store was always included in firmware, but only enabled when the device SKUID was 600ID (for Indonesia). It remained invisible on devices with SKUID 600WW. Nothing wrong with it as long as it is only sitting there and not enabled.

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 2020

You can easily get rid of "picmix" remains via ADB:

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.picmix.mobile

• Caution! Do it at Your own risk!