Nokia 5 corrupts SD card, even the one that was unpacked 2 minutes before!

Hi fellow Nokia user.🙋‍♂️ I have been using a Nokia 5(2GB version) with a 128GB Sandisk SD card as internal storage for last one year.

Nokia 5 corrupts SD card, even the one that was unpacked 2 minutes before!

swagat swagat
✭✭  / 

Hi fellow Nokia user.🙋‍♂️

I have been using a Nokia 5(2GB version) with a 128GB Sandisk SD card as internal storage for last one year. All of sudden the notification comes SD card corrupted, needs formatting to be used. I tried formatting but formatting fails at 20% every time. I claimed warranty on that Sandisk SD car and Got a new one. When I put the new one it shows SD card needs formatting to be used (for both internal and portable storage). When I tried to format again it stops at 20% and says SD card corrupted. I tried putting the same SD card on another Nokia 5(3GB version) and it reads/writes without any problem. I have done resetting the Nokia 5(2GB version) but the problem is not solved.

Have anyone faced this kind of problem? Do anyone has solution to this problem?

Tagged:

Comments

• user1541918138864 user1541918138864
    ✭✭  /  edited April 27

Hi, swagat.

I am also using a Nokia 5 (model TA-1053) and coincidentally, also a 128 GB Sandisk SDcard (Class 10). I have been using the card on this phone for almost 1 year now and have never experienced any issues.

Though one thing is, I never used it as internal storage, but a separate storage device because it's easier to manage.

I do not recommend doing that next time. Use the sdcard as an external storage to avoid excessive wear.

Regards,

Sudoru.