Faster (and more recognizable) reaction registration

Not sure if the title makes sense, but it's a bit annoying how slow a click registers when clicking a reaction on a post.

Faster (and more recognizable) reaction registration

SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
✭✭✭  / 

Not sure if the title makes sense, but it's a bit annoying how slow a click registers when clicking a reaction on a post. It also doesn't help there's no way to tell if I (the user) have already reacted to a post.

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 18

Heya, nicely pointed! it's still possible to see if you have reacted on the PC since you can get a small popup on hover but nothing on the phone. I have had several occasions where I reacted only to realize that I've previously reacted and then had to react again since my react is removed when I use the button twice.

The reaction buttons should have some formatting changes to differentiate when a user has already used one of them.

As for the speed, I'm not sure if that can even be done. The react registration is set as an AJAX via the standard vanilla API and gets updates when it receives a valid response code. Maybe the server is slow at handling it? If not, it's the vanilla's system that's slow and the forum admins won't be able to do much.