Suggestion/Feedback for HMD

Hi @HMDLaura ,@juho I am using Nokia 6 from past 2 years which is a very good phone despite of SD430 for 15K but its ok because quality or build of device is super but now a days I feel below point about HMD:

Suggestion/Feedback for HMD

user123 user123
✭✭✭  / 

Hi @HMDLaura ,@juho

I am using Nokia 6 from past 2 years which is a very good phone despite of SD430 for 15K but its ok because quality or build of device is super but now a days I feel below point about HMD:

1 ) HMD is more concentrated on Quantity rather than Quality

Lot of device facing hardware issue like loose USB C port ,

Screen burning issue on LCD display (What is the condition if HMD releases smartphones with OLED panel?? )

Screen flickering issue with Nokia 8.1. etc

Suggestion/Feedback: Plan to release 3-4 device per year (Eg : 1-Low end device 2-Mid range devices,1-Flagship device) with good quality, Instead of releasing too many smartphones.

2) HMD service seems worst (based on Social media reviews)

Till now I did not encounter any hardware related issue on my smartphone. Suggested to upgrade the service support of the device.

3) No support for the Device

Usually all the manufacturers at least have recovery tool for the smartphones which will be available publicly for use by its customer to resolve software issue with their device but HMD does not have such facility (Which is very much needed). for each and every issue we have to search for the Nokia care. Please remember HMD, service center is not near for all the people (for me its nearly 40KM away from my place) Suggested to release a recovery Tool for the device.

4 ) No support for development

Nokia devices are nearly like pixel device in affordable range, but Lack of support for the device making it no usable after 3 years. HMD , Not all people are rich to invest 15-20 K on smartphones every three years, please change your controversial bootloader unlock policy.

Its goof if HMD release Bootloader unlock facility for all of its device so that device can be used until it last. Please don't say that bootloader unlock will void warranty and security because people who know the consequence pf bootloader unlock will go for that not all people.

From past response from HMD I can say HMD is ignoring or least bothered about specific group (power user / development community) of Nokia lovers.

Whats your opinion friends??

Comments

• Should provide the boot loader unlock option after second is update.

• SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 18

Suggestion/Feedback: Plan to release 3-4 device per year (Eg : 1-Low end device 2-Mid range devices,1-Flagship device) with good quality, Instead of releasing too many smartphones.

I doubt they're gonna do that if they want to gain as much market share as possible (which I'd argue they're struggling to do at the moment).

I 100% agree on developer tools and official bootloader unlocking on ALL Android smartphones though. And unlocking the bootloader/rooting/installing custom ROMs shouldn't void the warranty, unless they can prove third-party software modifications did indeed damage the device.

I mean, compare OnePlus' stance vs HMD:

It's plain ridiculous. That's why I'm hoping the EU's right to repair laws passes asap

But before that happens, @HMDLaura please send our feedback regarding bootloader unlocking/developer support to the right people/department at HMD, as @juho doesn't seem to be active on this site.

• Mrigendra Mrigendra
    ✭✭  /  edited April 27

I totally agree with 'bootloader unlock' for unofficial development and having a 'recovery tool'. From my place Nokia Care Centre is almost 120km away. So a 'recovery tool' is a must.

Moreover I think 'bootloader unlock' and unofficial developement is now important for some people. If not provided those people may not consider Nokia device again.

• user123 user123
    ✭✭✭  / 

For sure , this is my last device from Nokia, because HMD is ignoring a group of Nokia users.