Thoughts on LG's major design language change? (LG Velvet)

It's apparently LG's first phone lineup focusing mostly on design.

Thoughts on LG's major design language change? (LG Velvet)

SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
✭✭✭  /  edited April 19

It's apparently LG's first phone lineup focusing mostly on design. Personally it looks like an Xperia, Note10, and a Chinese phone thrown in a blender with a little bit of Lumia mixed in.

Thoughts? Should HMD introduce a similar lineup as well? I would LOVE to see the Lumia design make a comeback...

This one's from Feng Feng at Behance:

Pretty, isn't it?

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited April 19

It's always nice when companies try to play with the design to develop something unique.

I like this SonLG phone, except for the front camera // notch. It's ugly dot there. Using a dewdrop like cutout is still more visually appealing than this straight dot.

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Reminds me more of Nokia fabula in some ways. "Life'sGoodSoNokia". The back of the phone looks like the front of the fabula design Nokias but LG curved the corners (Lumia 925 like). The back of the phone looks a bit tooo plain to look at. There's no WOW factor in the rear design. The camera setup looks more like old Sony phones. The front looks ugly because of that notch. I am doubtful of those thin side bezels. We will find out once the real device is launched.

Here's the one I created maybe two years ago. The entire black portion at the front surrounding the display of Lumia 1020 now becomes a display. This is an old edit so ignore the front camera, earpiece and branding. To make it more 2020ish the bezels can be reduces from the top and bottom.

Also, ignore that camera design. I made it when leaks of Nokia 9 PureView had started appearing.😅