Sirocco 8 and A10; problems opening the phone

Got the A10 installed and one of the first items I noticed is that opening the phone, whether with finger print recog or via on/ff button doesn't work half the time.

Sirocco 8 and A10; problems opening the phone

team0 team0
✭✭  / 

Got the A10 installed and one of the first items I noticed is that opening the phone, whether with finger print recog or via on/ff button doesn't work half the time. The screen goes black, may come up suddenly, but using the finger print or on/off button makes the screen black again. After a moment, could be a minute, the phone opens ok. Haven't been able to figure out any pattern when the lock down happens or when does the phone open. This is very annoying as I may need to open the phone quickly sometimes - like we all do? - and I cannot rely 100% that this can be done.

Otherwise the A10 upgrade seems to be working fine and I have a feeling that the phone is working more smoothly. In the past I had a problem with seriously bad sound quality of the Bluetooth connection, but haven't dared to test that yet.

Comments

• team0 team0
    ✭✭  / 

Bluetooth sound quality is better with A10 than what it used to be, but not perfect. However, be aware that (surprisingly) Bose Bluetooth have a bad microphone sound quality because they use the same microphones as for the noise cancellation. I'm not the only one who has the same problem. Also, 3-4 year old Honda CRV's have a bad Bluetooth connection as well, also a known issue. And I have both the Bose QC35 and Honda CRV. Lucky me...

• Jorppa Jorppa
    ✭✭  / 

I have the same display goes black problem. While it's black, it seems to recognize the touches because when the display turns on again random apps are open. The blackout lasts 1-2 minutes. My worry is it happened in an emergency.

• team0 team0
    ✭✭  / 

Today the phone refused to open and at the same time there was a phone call coming in. The phone didn't show the incoming call at all, only after the phone woke up after a minute, I got a message that I have a voice mail. Recent phone calls log didn't show anything. This is not good, please fix this issue! 😡

• Jote Jote
    ✭✭  / 

I experienced this today as well. When I finger-unlocked from the glance screen the screen went black. I then had to press power (to lock it) and then once again to display the lock screen and finger-unlock it from there.

Add to this the WiFi strength problems and apparent faster battery drains. This update is a DISASTER...

• user1538515852599 user1538515852599
    ✭✭  / 

Since updating to A10 I have also had this problem where I press the power button like I'm sending Morse code and eventually find myself in the camera app when the phone does open. I hope something gets done about this.

• ElZoido ElZoido
    ✭✭  /  edited May 6

The camera app opens if you double press the power button.

Of course, if your phone isn't unlocking correctly, you might not notice it at first, or the double press might not work reliably.