Nokia 8 battery issue

hello everybody battery drain fast when I use original charger but when I charge my phone with power bank battery stay with my normal usage about 20 hours but when I use original charger battery stay about 6 or 7 hours I test the charger in ampere I found charger ampere about 3170 mA but after 40% charger ampere down to 1540 mA is this normal ?

Nokia 8 battery issue

Mahmoud Demo Mahmoud Demo
✭✭  / 

hello everybody

battery drain fast when I use original charger but when I charge my phone with power bank battery stay with my normal usage about 20 hours but when I use original charger battery stay about 6 or 7 hours

I test the charger in ampere

I found charger ampere about 3170 mA

but after 40% charger ampere down to 1540 mA is this normal ?

power pank ampere 2600 mA

I use original cable in same situations

Tagged:

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @Mahmoud Demo,

The original charger uses Qualcomm QuickCharge, so this may be causing the phone to think it's full before it really is. Do you know what voltage your power bank will charge the phone at? I suspect it's 5V.

I think this is a good example of where you will should first contact support directly, as they may have some technical information which explains the problem you are experiencing.

Cheers 🙂

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

The charging rate slows as the battery gets nearer a full charge, you also have to bare in mind once your battery hits 100% it probably isn't at 100% at all so don't whip it straight off the charge give an extra hour or 2 if you want it fully topped up, you also need to remember the battery in the Nokia 8 is on its way to being 3 years old.

Try method 1 on this page https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-calibrate-the-battery-on-your-android-device