How about some acknowledgement to feedbacks that have been read by HMD?

I see a lot of good feedback here from all sorts of users, but HMD employees rarely, if ever, comments on posts and (more importantly) users' feedbacks.

How about some acknowledgement to feedbacks that have been read by HMD?

SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
✭✭✭  /  edited April 21

I see a lot of good feedback here from all sorts of users, but HMD employees rarely, if ever, comments on posts and (more importantly) users' feedbacks. Perhaps some acknowledgment that the the post has been read or passed on to the right teams would greatly increase user engagement and customer trust.

Similar to how it's done on Microsoft's Feedback Hub:

Thoughts?

EDIT: Changed to GIFs

Comments

• San.Phu San.Phu
    ✭✭✭  / 

Yes Nokia users are providing feedback, but this feedback must reach to HMD R&D. HMD peoples are not taking interest and we can't gorcus them😞😞.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @SirFaceFone,

Great suggestion! The previous software, Freshdesk, did have this ability, and I presume that the Vanilla forums software does if they activate that functionality.

But then some people in HMD other than HMDLaura would have to read the forums! 😆

Cheers 🙂

• SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
    ✭✭✭  / 

Oh didn't know that, I presume that change was done before I signed up here.

Sometimes I feel like I'm on an unofficial Nokia forum. Most of the employees seem to have stopped using their accounts in 2018/19, and the ones that do only post the occasional announcements here and there.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @SirFaceFone,

Yes the forum software was changed end of Oct and beginning of November 2018. That might be when you signed up as there was a big campaign at that time.

The absence of any Nokia employees except for HMDLaura and dipankar paul is very disappointing. These days it's almost as poor as in the Freshdesk days, but in late 2018 and most of 2019 there was much more involvement, even if it was only for marketing purposes. Edo and Matteo.m have gone, maria.03 (social media I think) very rarely pops in to say hello, tim.m (head of digital) obviously doesn't value the forum much from a marketing perspective and of course I think Juho's account has been locked in a cupboard in the cellars of a disused warehouse in Espoo behind a door with a sign on it which says "Beware of the leopard"... 😉

We did have a couple of bright moments more recently when Miika Mahonen and Wesley Lee were available to do a Q&A but they didn't lead to any longer term involvement. There was the (rather poorly executed, almost nauseatingly positive) AMA videos from MWC19 which were also some community involvement. Pekka Rantal did join the forum but never posted and of course has now left HMD. However, nothing can really eclipse the incredible moment when Sanjoy said he was doing an AMA and then he very quickly disappeared never to be seen again "Unfortunately, Sanjoy had to tend to a personal emergency today and couldn't answer your questions"... 🙄

We've had other people introduce themselves and disappear just as quickly over the years too, e.g. megan, Franziska (the latest one, just said she was working with HMDLaura but then basically disappeared) and arttuaa (the only technician/engineer/developer who has an account I think). There was skink in the beta labs too, for a short period. Priyanshu changed his nick when he realised he was getting tagged too often! (he's now IndiaFan). Temanindonesia (Tony-indonesia) seems to have disappeared and so does Yani (community manager for Vietnam).

And finally, there's @jumble121 the community mascot! 😺

Cheers 🙂

PS - there are probably other staff members that I didn't manage to track down yet, if you know any please post their nicks 😉

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

You summed it up pretty nicely @madbilly. As soon as we think HMD is trying to talk, it comes to an end. Probably they feel that the effort wasn't worthy. Or everybody is relying on the other "Why should I talk to the audience if others do not.". Or "It's gonna stay the same and I'd better not try for a change".

I wish they were more involved. The involvement needs to have a substance and a final outcome too. So, they will have to eventually stop talking anyways if the discussions do not lead into anything (seeing the changes in their products). If somebody talks and he knows he won't be able to take that feedback and implement it, he'd better decide about not talking at all, else he carries a responsibility which may effect his image and he might be questioned internally for a particular response in the public. So, that brings me once again to the "duo" who probably are the only ones to decide "What, how, when, where, why" of everything HMD".