Android 10 and Google Camera on Sirocco - Page 2

I miss the real Google Camera, but GCam without HDR+ is a nonsense. No details, much noise, mediocre videos.

Android 10 and Google Camera on Sirocco

Comments

• alemar73 alemar73
    ✭✭  / 

I miss the real Google Camera, but GCam without HDR+ is a nonsense. No details, much noise, mediocre videos.

Nokia stock camera with Pro Mode and Ozo Audio is way better than a fake GCam.

• SpartanSaurabh SpartanSaurabh
    ✭✭  / 

Doesn't seem like it is a small bug as I had a chat with customer care support from Nokia yesterday and he told that he doesn't know much about it and even that he is unsure whether is going to be fixed in future.

• Jacek Bielicki Jacek Bielicki
    ✭✭  / 

Can anybody try the latest version of Gcam port for Android 10 Nokia 7 Plus? Maybe it works with Sirocco with A10...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nokiapoweruser.com/google-camera-apk-download-for-nokia-smartphones/amp/

• treble treble
    ✭✭  / 

The issue is in RAW Capture being disabled , first picture is from Nokia 8 Sirocco and second is from 7 Plus. I suggest all to text them through live chat about this if you do not want to root

• SpartanSaurabh SpartanSaurabh
    ✭✭  / 

Already raised this concern to their team on live chat. It ended up with a note that they cannot do anything as of now regarding this.

• By the look of it all i don't think we should be sure about it being fixed. Remember they promised face unlock in OTA? We can however raise complaints in support.

• Nokia 8 Sirocco Google camera not support after android 10 update I am very sad

• treble treble
    ✭✭  / 

Today received the security update, nothing fixed. RIP Sirocco !

• Camera 2 API not enable after android 10 update my nokia 8 Sirocco

• zeeshanhaider1817@gmail.com [email protected]
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2020

My nokia 8 Sirocco camera 2 API not enable after android 10 update

• They are would not do anything about GCam support on android 10, they offer to bother developers of 3d party cameras not them

• Kartikkk Kartikkk
    ✭✭  / 

Why is Camera 2 API not been updated in recent Android 10 build for Nokia 8 Sirocco?

We have paid around 50000/- and this is how you support your customers by disabling the main feature !

This is not acceptable HMD.

• ElZoido ElZoido
    ✭✭  / 

I understand your frustration and while I didn't use GCam or other 3rd party camera apps very often, having more features is always better.

Nevertheless GCam on Nokia is an unofficial port by amateur developers and not officially supported neither by Nokia nor Google.

I also don't remember any statements or ads pushing full Camera 2 API support as a main feature of the Scirocco. You have the official stock camera app supporting the phone hardware as provided by Nokia, that's all there is for official features.

• MacGyver1985 MacGyver1985
    ✭✭  / 

Don't post it here. They, as in Nokia/hmd do not do anything with this forum. Contact them through the "my phone" app on your phone.