Bluetooth audio skipping

I bought myself a new 3.1 and the bluetooth audio is terrible with my car stereo. Every 15-20s or so it skips.

Bluetooth audio skipping

Paul D Paul D
✭✭  / 

I bought myself a new 3.1 and the bluetooth audio is terrible with my car stereo. Every 15-20s or so it skips. I've played around with all the settings I can find on both the phone and car stereo (including the Bluetooth audio settings in the developer menu) with no relief. It doesn't matter if it's local media (eg, Rocket Player) or streaming (Spotify).

Any suggestions?

Comments

• GXGOW GXGOW
     / 

Having the same issue on my Nokia 7 Plus. Strange thing is that this only happens on my car stereo. All other appliances (BT headphones, BT speakers, ...) are working flawlessly.

• Paul D Paul D
    ✭✭  / 

My other BT -> stereo adapter suffers the same problem.

So the problem (for me at least) seems to be you can't have multiple BT devices connected at the same time. It goes away if I put my Smart Watch in airplane mode. Not ideal!

Other than that, I can't find a way to stop it occuring. Hopefully Nokia fix it with a software update soon!

• GXGOW GXGOW
     /  edited September 2018
    I gave up and bought an AUX cable. Only use Bluetooth in my car for calls now. At least I can listen to my music uninterrupted.
  • Paul D Paul D
    ✭✭  / 

I'm tempted to do the same but AVRCP (ie, the ability to control the music from my steering wheel) only works with Bluetooth audio is connected. :(

• Paul D Paul D
    ✭✭  / 

Oreo 8.1 update applied, reset network settings, reset Bluetooth apk, full phone reset and re-install everything - all make no difference.