WIFI issue after updating to android 10

Hi After updating my sirocco, I got problem with my wifi. wifi disconnects from ADSL modem suddenly and connects again.

WIFI issue after updating to android 10

Saeid221 Saeid221
✭✭  / 

Hi

After updating my sirocco, I got problem with my wifi. wifi disconnects from ADSL modem suddenly and connects again. I am sure it was not like this on Android 9 and it happened right after getting the update.

Comments

• ElZoido ElZoido
    ✭✭  / 

Best contact Nokia support, to make them aware of your issues. I wouldn't count on them reading the forum here.

• G V G V
    ✭✭  / 

After android 10 update the WiFi connection is terrible. Looses connection, weal connection.

Contacted Nokio support and told me to do the following:

I reset my router and AP, I did soft reset, deleted my WiFi connection,....

Nothing works!

I suggest to always contact support, so Nokia knows there is an major issue.

Second suggestion DON'T install Android 10 jet on the Scirocco.

• G V G V
    ✭✭  / 

After support chat I did the following:

Had to delete all WiFi, Bluetooth,... Connections via system/reset..

Did nothing.

Had to test the Sirocco in Safe Mode

Did nothing.

Now they suggest to do a factory reset lol !

I will loose everything and it will take days to setup again.

The hole thing costs me an arm and a leg for all the data on 4G!

So don't upgrade to android 10.

There is No way back!

• I Reset it to the factory Reset and it didn't Work either

• G V G V
    ✭✭  / 

It started to get worst again in the weekend. I don't Know why.

And the factory reset does NOT work.

I hope the Wifi issues are solved soon.

DO NOT upgrade to android 10.

• ElZoido ElZoido
    ✭✭  / 

Those that do have the WLAN issues since the update, what settings is your wireless configured for?

Are you using ac, b/g/n, 2.4 or 5GHz, specific channel or auto channel?

My slightly older router is set to g/n and apparently uses only the 2.4 GHz band, but wifi is stable and reach seems close to what I had with 9.

Assuming that there's some issue with the modem after the update, those affected could try adjusting the WLAN settings (if possible) until there's a fix.

• Jote Jote
    ✭✭  / 

I'm primarily on 5GHz (a/n/ac mixed), I enabled 2.4GHz (b/g/n mixed) to check if it would help, but it didn't. Auto channel selection in both cases. Same settings as before upgrading, obviously, worked flawlessly.

• nokiasick nokiasick
    ✭✭  / 

where is the update for china user?

• I have exactly the same challenge with my Nokia 8 Sirocco. I was first blaming our home network router. Then after replacing it to more efficient model and comparing functionality to other 5 Nokia android and other phones in the family I realized that Android 10 update is surely the reason since other devices & wifi are working correctly.

My Nokia 8 Sirocco is also getting hotter than usually. There were similar problem with some earlier updates, and they were fixed by the updates.

Hopefully this will be solved very soon!!

• Ville S Ville S
    ✭✭  / 

I have the same problem. I updated my and my wife's phones (Nokia 8 Sirocco both) and for both WLAN signal quality got bad and the connection keeps dropping. Same for both phones. Otherwise the WLAN works perfectly in my home. I use 2,4GHz 802.11n.

• Tommy Hügel Tommy Hügel
    ✭✭  / 

Same Problem here. Disconnects and connects every 2 or 3 minutes, where on Android 9 it didn't with same network and distance.

The support is really the worst I've ever experienced. They don't even want to forward bug reports. Even the EA customer service is better

• user899992 user899992
    ✭✭  / 

Same issue here.

After Android 10 upgrade WIFI is unstable and disconnects ever minute.

This was not a problem in Android 9.

I also know of multiple other people having the same issue.

Come on Nokia fix it please .

• user899992 user899992
    ✭✭  / 

So after I did the steps below my WIFI is much more stable and does not disconnect and reconnect every minute or two.

Settings>system>advanced>reset options>Reset Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, network

The WIFI signal however is still not as good as what it was on Android 9.

• ArkBrea ArkBrea
    ✭✭  / 

still now no update for fix in android 10.. no love for nokia 8 sirocco..