WIFI issue after updating to android 10 - Page 2

An update for the Nokia 8 Sirocco? The previous update arrived September 28. No new version here unfortunately..

WIFI issue after updating to android 10

Comments

• NSU1200C NSU1200C
    ✭✭  / 

An update for the Nokia 8 Sirocco? The previous update arrived September 28. No new version here unfortunately..

• dirkv dirkv
    ✭✭  / 

It is a so-called security update for Android 10, dated 1 nov. I live in Europe that maybe a difference? It definitely improved wifi operations for this Nokia 5.3 (no disconnects anymore) but speed tests revealed very low performance even at strong signal levels. Ik have unifi access-points and all other devices perform well.

• dirkv dirkv
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 8 Scirocco has a QC Snapdragon 835 chipset and the lower end Nokia 5.3 have a Snapdragon 665 cpu/chipset both models appear to have wifi issues with Android 10.

• dirkv dirkv
    ✭✭  / 

After digging further it appears that the slow wifi is a Qualcomm SD 665 soc problem. So it only applies to Nokia 5.3 but it may be worth trying it on a Nokia 8 with Android 10 as well. Workaround: disable bluetooth. After doing this I noticed that wifi speed is normal and 5 times faster than when bluetooth was enabled. Incredible that vendors do not communicatie about it all 665 based devices have this problem apparently.

• valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 

How big was this update?

• dirkv dirkv
    ✭✭  / 

It was a small one but destined for Nokia 5.3. Sorry for the confusion.

• G V G V
    ✭✭  / 

There seems to be a lot of problems with the Qualcomm sh*t.

Even on other brands.

There is no solution for the Bluetooth and WiFi problems.

• Pereira74 Pereira74
     / 

If your Note10 still has wifi problems after Android 10 update, make sure that you continue to install updates as they may contain fixes for known or identified bugs. For network problems, carriers will roll out solutions to identified bugs via updates only so be sure to keep your Note10 updated.

MyCardStatement

• Raja Bose Raja Bose
     / 

I am too unable to connect to wifi it disconnects automatically

How you guys can be so irresponsible

We are suffering alot

Fix it asap