Comments

• misterU misterU
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My 8 has it too. Exact same spot 
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    jdan said:
    Nice pictures indeed. You may want to look to mine on Flickr - link on my website. (If I remember well you were quite pleased with your Nokia 8 pictures as  well.)
    But you are missing the point mate, this is what they are like off the camera using the standard HMD camera app, no tapping here, no sliding there, no installing this Gcam or that Gcam. I am not having to mess about like you have to the Nokia 8. It is time to admit defeat, they aren't going to fix it, it is now 2 years since the Nokia 8 launch and its still crap unless you mess about.
    Time has come. I admit defeat. You seem to have the best camera phone, matie!
    But that leaves the rest of us who do not want or can't spend the extra 300 or more euros to have this winner camera phone with the question: how to make the most of the Nokia 8 camera.
    Fortunately it is like you have put it so eloquently: if we mess about a bit - "installing a gcam, some tapping here, some sliding there" - we might get the same quality photos!
    For more comparisons and photographs and thoughts on this matter - see Pie - standard camera or gcam. There are some nice photographs of @martin.fd there too with P3v11.4.31 ... at the end of page 2 and on page 3.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:

Crazy: that's what we stood before today - on the way back from our holiday in Wales to Germany
    :)
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 2019
    jdan said:
    Try the P3v11.4.31 and compare the colours with the standard camera app. I have used the P3v11.4.31 ever since I did that.

This is exactly the one I use very happily ... if I'm not on the road with my Nikon D300s (which I do much more often)

• Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    martin.fd said:
    jdan said:
    Try the P3v11.4.31 and compare the colours with the standard camera app. I have used the P3v11.4.31 ever since I did that.

This is exactly the one I use very happily ... if I'm not on the road with my Nikon D300s (which I do much more often)

Ok, I installed it, but there aren't many options in the settings menu.
    What and how to set up?
  • jdan jdan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Look in my comments - June 13
    Look in the topic 'Pie - standard camera or gcam?'
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Done. I will test now if it's better in color reproduction.
  • Naman Agrawal Naman Agrawal
    ✭✭✭  / 

Did the white spot go or is it still there?

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

My Nokia 8 ended up dying with a screen failure and the Nokia 8 my wife was using still has a white dot although it is quite difficult to see on hers.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hmmmm Wales, i love Wales (although Canterbury is nice enough). If you ever visit the UK again mate get yourself up to the Trossachs in Scotland, very beautiful and no white dot on its screen (in a vain attempts to keep the thread on topic) 😁

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

@MrBelter you'll laugh: I was already in the Trossachs - as a teenager four weeks round trip through Scotland with tent in the rain and broken car ... but absolutely enthusiastic 😁

And to actually keep the thread on topic: On my 1 3/4 year old Nokia 8 I (finally 🤣) noticed the white spot a few days ago! But it doesn't really bother ...

• TimeZone TimeZone
    ✭✭  / 
    [{"insert":"I had this same issue about a year of having the phone, interesting enough, half my screen died and this pressure point was where I'd press to get the screen working temporarily\n"}]