Nokia Signature Sweatshirt, Nokia gift bag, Nokia Shopping Bag and a Nokia Diary. Pretty cool stuff

Just found out that Nokia Mobile has started selling some unique products for a brand that has always been known for connecting people using its phones.

Nokia Signature Sweatshirt, Nokia gift bag, Nokia Shopping Bag and a Nokia Diary. Pretty cool stuff

Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
Super User  /  edited April 29

Just found out that Nokia Mobile has started selling some unique products for a brand that has always been known for connecting people using its phones. The unique products are a Nokia branded diary, shopping bag and a gift bag (paper bag). The products are only available in Russia for now. Below are the links to all three items:

The Nokia branded paper gift bag us priced at 149rubles, the shopping bag is priced at 499 rubles and the Nokia Diary costs 1990 rubles (around $27USD) 😵

This is pretty cool and I am sure many Nokia fans would love to own such products. It also helps in increasing the brand awareness among new generation.

What other products do you Nokia Fans think should HMD Global start offering? T-shirts inspired by Nokia memes, Caps, Mugs OR how about Sunglasses?

@dipankar paul @HMDLaura Do you have any information if these are coming to other markets? Request you to ask the concerned team to work on bringing these products to every market where Nokia sells their products.

UPDATE

Nokia Mobile also added the Nokia Signature Sweatshirt to its Souvenir products in Russia. The Nokia branded hoodie can be bought for 3990 Russian Rubles (around $54USD)

Comments

• San.Phu San.Phu
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Kartik Gada concept is good to spread awareness but we also want robust, user friendly, powerful and performance packed phones also.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited April 26

Nice find @Kartik Gada

That's a good start. As for an opinion about them, I don't like like logo placements on the white bag and the diary. Probably they are a bit too big?

I'd definitely wanna see more from Nokia. They should definitely have some T-shirts, proper bags (backpacks and office bags), probably some good quality pens. Aside that, I'd be keen to see some extra tech from them too. Such as WiFi repeaters, good quality headphones (over the head types), return of treasure tag (I would definitely want them), smart thermometers,

And everything should have minimalistic, subtle and premium looking logo placements. And all products should be uniquely designed with at-least a few distinctive characteristics in the design. If it is too too simple and gives too much attention to the logo, then its not my thing. I certainly don't wanna be carrying a bag which looks more like an advertisement than a product I paid for.

Just my 2 cents.

(The following is a good paper bag, that Nokia used to use to provide to the customers at Nokia Priority).

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  /  edited April 28

Nokia Mobile keeps adding more products to the list. The new one is the Nokia Signature Sweatshirt that sells for 3990 Russian Rubles ($54USD). 🤯

Here's the link:

https://mobileshop.nokia.ru/catalog/branded-products/nokia-hoody-gray-m.html

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited April 28

Noice find. What are they cooking? And why only for one region?😋

Maybe a wider availability after the lockdown ends.

Super User  /  edited April 29

The hoodie graphics are designed by Russian street artists. So, these may not come out of Russia. For India we should request @dipankar paul 😁

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I'll also tag @IndiaFan 😬

BTW designs are universal. Not that phones designed by a Finnish design don't sell elsewhere 😋 Plus the print is just a print. If there's a product ready, the print can be modified across markets 😁

Super User  / 

Phone designs are different and graphic designs are different. Both fall under different categories and cannot be compared. Different demographics prefer different art. So, yes they can sell these everywhere but they will need to change the graphic art. 😁

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi all,

Thanks @Kartik Gada for posting and for updating with the jumpers.

The jumpers are fun, but I'm not interested in the rest of the things, (really, selling a paper bag?!). The jumpers seem to have disappeared now though.

Anyway, I would be more interested in these if they somehow embodied some o the values of the Nokia brand, e.g. Connecting People and all that stuff.

For me, connecting people is not only about connecting friends, family, loved ones; it's about connecting us all, our societies, all humanity, the whole planet. A great way to embody that in consumer products is to actually show respect for the people that make them and how their environment is impacted by the production of these things.

So, are those sweatshirts made from organic cotton or some other properly sustainable fibre (not greenwashed bamboo polymer which is the worst of all)? Are they certified Fairtrade production?

What about that shopper bag, is is made from bioplastics? Can it be recycled?

And that notepad and the gift bag, is the paper FSC or PEFC certified? (the former is better, but the latter is acceptable).

If none of the above is even considered then it makes a mockery of all the hard work that Nokia did in the past to build up their environmental credentials.

Which all reminds me of the Environmental Profiles for HMD's phones:

These are interesting, but if you think about the detail there they're not really doing anything special and in fact they are falling short in some respects, e.g. there's no mention of the boxes being FSC or PEFC certified, which would be a really easy win and would line up well with Nokia's brand values (sustainable Finnish forestry etc).

Cheers 🙂

• rohitkrme rohitkrme
    ✭✭✭  / 

Hehe, this is really cool. 😎

I would love to have that NOKIA sweatshirt. 😍

But HMD GLOBAL is trying to violate the contract now. 😂

Remember the line:

"HMD Global Oy is the exclusive licensee of the Nokia brand for phones & tablets."

One may argue that they are licensed for accessories also. 👍

But accessories include earphones, case, etc... not a garment like sweatshirt, diary... 🤣

Super User  /  edited May 13

This should be fine for promotional stuff. But the sweatshirts cannot be found anymore. Could this be due to the license issue? Maybe Nokia asked them to pull it down?🤔

• Scott Hoffman Scott Hoffman
    ✭✭  / 

I completely agree. Finding anything Nokia in the US is rare, and Nokia-branded swag would certainly help spread the word.