Why is wifi range average after updating to Android 10

After updating my nokia 8 sirocco the range of my wifi is very bad, normally 30 mtrs range in my yard on 5 ghz, now with this distance No range and with 2.4 ghz a little bit..

Why is wifi range average after updating to Android 10

After updating my nokia 8 sirocco the range of my wifi is very bad, normally 30 mtrs range in my yard on 5 ghz, now with this distance No range and with 2.4 ghz a little bit..

Sometimes wifi switches on and off

Answers

• I think Nokia has reduced the WiFi range so that the battery does not drain faster than it already does under Android 10 (sarcasm off)

• Saeid221 Saeid221
    ✭✭  / 

I have this problem, and I noticed this issue few days ago in this community. I have another problem after updating, my panel freezes (two times until now), so touch doesn't work ( should restart the phone).

• I have also seen the same WiFi range decrease after the update.

• G V G V
    ✭✭  /  edited April 28

After android 10 update the WiFi connection is terrible. Looses connection, weak connection.

Contacted Nokio support and told me to do the following:

I reset my router and AP, I did soft reset, deleted my WiFi connection,....

Nothing works!

I suggest to always contact support, so Nokia knows there is an major issue.

Second suggestion DON'T install Android 10 jet on the Scirocco.

• ArkBrea ArkBrea
    ✭✭  / 

this is my first and last android one phone.. you know why.. late in updates and theyre not fixing the camera..

• G V G V
    ✭✭  / 

For all that have WiFi problems after android 10 must contact support.

Via app "My Phone" then go to support chat

• Jote Jote
    ✭✭  / 

Agreed, I used to have excellent connection in my bedroom, now it's "poor" or disconnects. It's less than 10 meters from my WiFi router. Even sitting 2 meters away from it makes it oscillate between "Excellent" and "Good". Unacceptable.