Why is wifi range average after updating to Android 10

After updating my nokia 8 sirocco the range of my wifi is very bad, normally 30 mtrs range in my yard on 5 ghz, now with this distance No range and with 2.4 ghz a little bit..

Why is wifi range average after updating to Android 10

After updating my nokia 8 sirocco the range of my wifi is very bad, normally 30 mtrs range in my yard on 5 ghz, now with this distance No range and with 2.4 ghz a little bit..

Sometimes wifi switches on and off

Answers

• I think Nokia has reduced the WiFi range so that the battery does not drain faster than it already does under Android 10 (sarcasm off)

• Saeid221 Saeid221
    ✭✭  / 

I have this problem, and I noticed this issue few days ago in this community. I have another problem after updating, my panel freezes (two times until now), so touch doesn't work ( should restart the phone).

• I have also seen the same WiFi range decrease after the update.

• G V G V
    ✭✭  /  edited April 28

After android 10 update the WiFi connection is terrible. Looses connection, weak connection.

Contacted Nokio support and told me to do the following:

I reset my router and AP, I did soft reset, deleted my WiFi connection,....

Nothing works!

I suggest to always contact support, so Nokia knows there is an major issue.

Second suggestion DON'T install Android 10 jet on the Scirocco.

• ArkBrea ArkBrea
    ✭✭  / 

this is my first and last android one phone.. you know why.. late in updates and theyre not fixing the camera..

• G V G V
    ✭✭  / 

For all that have WiFi problems after android 10 must contact support.

Via app "My Phone" then go to support chat

• Jote Jote
    ✭✭  / 

Agreed, I used to have excellent connection in my bedroom, now it's "poor" or disconnects. It's less than 10 meters from my WiFi router. Even sitting 2 meters away from it makes it oscillate between "Excellent" and "Good". Unacceptable.

• Rust Ustrahan Rust Ustrahan
    ✭✭  / 

Same problem

• espio999 espio999
    ✭✭  / 

My Sirocco also has same symptom after Android 10 update. And it seems that its root cause is from Android 10 itself, not Sirocco, and there is no solution at this moment.

I saw same reports for other devices, example Samsung Galaxy 10.

• G V G V
    ✭✭  / 

Keep contacting support for this!

• Jote Jote
    ✭✭  / 

Support doesn't care. They just keep telling you to do a factory reset and are "very disappointed" if you don't want to.

• Rust Ustrahan Rust Ustrahan
    ✭✭  / 

I reply that I have already reset, I really reset to the factory settings several times. And it doesn’t help

• Jote Jote
    ✭✭  / 

I did the factory reset yesterday, it solved zero of the problems I'm having - WiFi is still terrible, random (unexplained by "battery usage" page) battery drains are still there.