Question, why was the Nokia 3.1 plus the only one not to receive Android 10?

Does anyone know why Nokia 3.1 plus was the only one not to receive Android 10, according to the official calendar?

Question, why was the Nokia 3.1 plus the only one not to receive Android 10?

beto_ze beto_ze
✭✭  /  edited April 2020

Does anyone know why Nokia 3.1 plus was the only one not to receive Android 10, according to the official calendar?

Comments

• Mukul Mukul
    ✭✭✭  / 

Non profitable phones got late and the models which give profit to Nokia got the update soon, simple strategy,

The need to spend money for updates, ota updates need less money than os version update, however Nokia 3.1 plus even not get the proper monthly ota updates. I don't hope from Nokia that they provide Android 10 in couple of months

• reza Masool reza Masool
    ✭✭  / 

After many years that Nokia came back to market with Android. I was one of first people who moved back to Nokia from anothers .

3.1 plus is my second Nokia phones after 6.1

And I'm sure this is my last Nokia phone.

In fact I'm waiting for resolve corona issue and open up stores in my country to change my phone.

How could Nokia updated cheeper models like Nokia 1 and 2 before bring us update as the plus phone user's!!!?

• jayadeep dhfm jayadeep dhfm
    ✭✭  / 

Delay is better than bunch of bugs🤣

• Mukul Mukul
    ✭✭✭  / 

cheaper phone need cheap maintenance in comparison of costly phones, and their systems modification also dont need so much effort like costly phone need.

thats why i regret to bought nokia 3.1 plus, i need and every indian need to buy nokia 1 like phones, nokia deserve nokia 1 from india. they ignore the phone like nokia 3.1 plus launched in india.

india have no such brave and powerfull brands who launch a best phone which compete nokia like brands in india.

micromax still silent i dont know why they not launching a phone like yuphoria 5010a, india need revolution in mobile market.

nokia just eat our money and provide ignored phones like nokia 3.1 plus.

no march 2020 update, its a shame on nokia, they are failed to fulfill the promise of providing monthly updates. they missed march 2020 update for nokia 3.1 plus

• Mukul Mukul
    ✭✭✭  / 

cheaper phone need cheap maintenance in comparison of costly phones, and their systems modification also dont need so much effort like costly phone need.

thats why i regret to bought nokia 3.1 plus, i need and every indian need to buy nokia 1 like phones, nokia deserve nokia 1 from india. they ignore the phone like nokia 3.1 plus launched in india.

india have no such brave and powerfull brands who launch a best phone which compete nokia like brands in india.

micromax still silent i dont know why they not launching a phone like yuphoria 5010a, india need revolution in mobile market.

nokia just eat our money and provide ignored phones like nokia 3.1 plus.

no march 2020 update, its a shame on nokia, they are failed to fulfill the promise of providing monthly updates. they missed march 2020 update for nokia 3.1 plus

• DKJ255 DKJ255
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2020

Android 10 with April 2020 security patch is now available for Nokia 3.1+ (at least the global variant with MediaTek processor and microUSB port, not sure about North American version with SnapDragon and USB-C)

The upgrade seems to have gone smoothly (had to use VPN trick as not yet released to UK) but I've not yet tested any of the phone functions. One thing it hasn't added is the ability to format a memory card as internal storage - not sure if we'll ever get that feature though?