Fingerprint scanner not working

So for the last month give or take my fingerprint scanner is not working (properly).

Fingerprint scanner not working

OrfeasSi OrfeasSi
 /  edited November 2018
So for the last month give or take my fingerprint scanner is not working (properly).
Every time it either says that it doesn't recognize my fingerprint or it doesn't even scan it (no vibration, no message on screen and, of course, no unlocking my phone).
I have tried deleting and adding again my fingerprints, as well as cleaning and drying my fingers every time before unlocking it, but it doesn't work. Nevertheless, the slide down to open notifications works just fine every time.
I can only think that this problem is due to an error on the June security patch on which I'm still stuck (build 22A, anyone?).

What could this be?

Thank you.

Comments

• If you can delete then add a new fingerprint then surely the scanner is working. Are you placing the pad (not the tip like a normal tap action) of your finger properly on the sensor?

• I am facing same problem.
  • Facing a similar problem. I can't even add the fingerprint again. It says enrollment failed. It works for the notification panel
  • Facing same problem as well
  • A factory reset has solved the issue for me
  • I know this is a common issue for the Nokia 6.1. I have found out if your finger is the tiniest greasy it has a hard time detecting it. I have just added my index finger to all 5 fingerprints and works like a charm now haha
  • Facing a similar problem. I can't even add the fingerprint again. It says enrollment failed. It works for the notification panel

• Facing same problem finger print enrollment didn't work 
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If your finger print sensor is not working please contact support so they can help get your phone serviced.

- Jason 
  • Nokia 8 here, since the latest update my fingerprint scanner is not working. Stops at 5%. It gives vibration feedback, but does not register the scan. Very annoying.
  • tudor georgescu tudor georgescu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Boot in safe mode. Delete all your fingerprints. Add one fingerprint. Add again the same fingerprint. If it says it is the same finger, then the reader is working. Optional: perform factory reset.
  • So for the last month give or take my fingerprint scanner is not working (properly). Every time it either says that it doesn't recognize my fingerprint or it doesn't even scan it (no vibration, no message on screen and, of course, no unlocking my phone). I have tried deleting and adding again my fingerprints, as well as cleaning and drying my fingers every time before unlocking it, but it doesn't work. Nevertheless, the slide down to open notifications works just fine every time. I can only think that this problem is due to an error on the June security patch on which I'm still stuck (build 22A, anyone?). What could this be? Thank you.
    Same problem faced.
    I had deleted my all fingers, switch off phone, switch On and configure finger print again solved my problem as of now..
    Hope this works for you
  • My finger prints are getting deleted automatically
  • I had same problem in my Nokia 7.1 ..it happen bcaz of January update ..so in setting it was asking me to set finger print .So i did it again n now it's perfectly fine...
  • So I just received the Pie update for my Nokia 6 (2017). Before the update, the fingerprint scanner is basically useless, always failing. And the update didn't fix anything. This is going on for about half a year now. I have done anything possible but nothing works.
  • Rick kraft Rick kraft
     / 
    Hello,

I had the same problem with my Nokia 8. Happened to me everytime my phone crashed because of low battery or other sudden magic.

My solution is to start up the phone → go into settings → try to set up fingerprints → if this is not working, restart the phone and try again.

I always have to do it roughly three times but then it works perfectly. (Till the next crash caused by myself)
  • Just 2 weeks after buying my finger print is not working. And when i checked in my settings the option for finger print is also gone . Even the option for gesture is also gone. Why?  Too disappointed with nokia
  • I had this problem after a crash of an app (Pixel Camera mod fore nokia). I couldn't add or remove fingerprints but the recorded ones worked to unlock my phone.
    Two days ago after a crash of Google Maps while I was playing its inside mini game Carmen Sandiego the sensor stopped working at all.

I solved with an hard reset. Now it works again very well.
  • TheYackster TheYackster
    ✭✭  / 
    This seems to be an security issue after a hard crash of the phone.  Forcing a reset seems to have removed all finger prints as it doesn't vibrate when you try to scan your finger any more.  I went in and no finger print was registered, I tried to add the finger back and it told me to use a different finger.  I registered a different finger and then I was able to scan that finger and get in.  There is only 1 finger showing as registered.  I tried to use the finger that was already registered before I lost it and those two fingers still work but don't show up in the list.  I am kind of concerned that there are fingers registered to unlock my device that I can't see on the list.  This appears to be a security issue.  Which I have pointed out in a prior thread.  This is a Nokia 6.1 build ooww_3_260_sp04.
  • TheYackster TheYackster
    ✭✭  / 
    Found over on reddit's Nokia subreddit a user pointed out that you can get rid of these invisible finger prints by setting lock screen to "none" that will remove all finger prints as well along with the hidden ones.  Add security back and add your finger prints again.  Hope this helps someone.
  • My phone nokia 6.1 plus mobile fingerprint option not available pls support& clear this issue
  • My phone nokia 6.1 plus mobile fingerprint option not available pls support& clear this issue
    How to solve it?
  • naail naail
     / 
    Same. I have a Nokia 6 2018. The fingerprint scanner does not vibrate or unlock from lockscreen or screen off.
  • naail naail
     / 
    I tried removing & then re-adding lockscreen security. Now it is not allowing to add a fingerprint.😭
  • Danny1987 Danny1987
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here with Nokia 6.1. I think the fingerprint scanning hardware is just ****.
  • > @user1523996924326 said:
    > I know this is a common issue for the Nokia 6.1. I have found out if your finger is the tiniest greasy it has a hard time detecting it. I have just added my index finger to all 5 fingerprints and works like a charm now haha

I only add 3 Times