Fingerprint scanner not working

So for the last month give or take my fingerprint scanner is not working (properly).

Fingerprint scanner not working

user1529407828669 user1529407828669
✭✭  /  edited November 2018
So for the last month give or take my fingerprint scanner is not working (properly).
Every time it either says that it doesn't recognize my fingerprint or it doesn't even scan it (no vibration, no message on screen and, of course, no unlocking my phone).
I have tried deleting and adding again my fingerprints, as well as cleaning and drying my fingers every time before unlocking it, but it doesn't work. Nevertheless, the slide down to open notifications works just fine every time.
I can only think that this problem is due to an error on the June security patch on which I'm still stuck (build 22A, anyone?).

What could this be?

Thank you.

Comments

• Nick Nick
     / 

If you can delete then add a new fingerprint then surely the scanner is working. Are you placing the pad (not the tip like a normal tap action) of your finger properly on the sensor?

• I am facing same problem.
  • Facing a similar problem. I can't even add the fingerprint again. It says enrollment failed. It works for the notification panel
  • Facing same problem as well
  • andrew leroy andrew leroy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Here's my sort-of solution.  :D

Enroll all 5 fingerprints using the same finger (right-index in my case). It's not a perfect fix, but it will make the scanning more accurate. At first, when you try to enroll the same finger more than once, it will say "enroll different finger" or whatever. But, if you move your finger around the sensor, it will eventually allow you to enroll it.

Usually monthly, I'll have to delete a fingerprint and re-add it. I think Nokia's biometric implementation on the 6.1 isn't great. I'm not sure it's a software issue, but instead possibly a cheap fingerprint sensor. But this is a mid-range phone so it's expected.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • A factory reset has solved the issue for me
  • I know this is a common issue for the Nokia 6.1. I have found out if your finger is the tiniest greasy it has a hard time detecting it. I have just added my index finger to all 5 fingerprints and works like a charm now haha
  • Facing a similar problem. I can't even add the fingerprint again. It says enrollment failed. It works for the notification panel

• Facing same problem finger print enrollment didn't work 
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭  / 
    If your finger print sensor is not working please contact support so they can help get your phone serviced.

- Jason 
  • Riches Riches
     / 
    Nokia 8 here, since the latest update my fingerprint scanner is not working. Stops at 5%. It gives vibration feedback, but does not register the scan. Very annoying.
  • Boot in safe mode. Delete all your fingerprints. Add one fingerprint. Add again the same fingerprint. If it says it is the same finger, then the reader is working. Optional: perform factory reset.
  • N4nimish N4nimish
    ✭✭  / 
    So for the last month give or take my fingerprint scanner is not working (properly). Every time it either says that it doesn't recognize my fingerprint or it doesn't even scan it (no vibration, no message on screen and, of course, no unlocking my phone). I have tried deleting and adding again my fingerprints, as well as cleaning and drying my fingers every time before unlocking it, but it doesn't work. Nevertheless, the slide down to open notifications works just fine every time. I can only think that this problem is due to an error on the June security patch on which I'm still stuck (build 22A, anyone?). What could this be? Thank you.
    Same problem faced.
    I had deleted my all fingers, switch off phone, switch On and configure finger print again solved my problem as of now..
    Hope this works for you