Very very very slow charging

This is really frustrating. Battery is already in 53% and it shows 15 hrs to charge. Is there someone who face this problem?

Very very very slow charging

Muvi Muvi
✭✭  / 

This is really frustrating. Battery is already in 53% and it shows 15 hrs to charge. Is there someone who face this problem?

Tagged:

Comments

• Ujwal Ujwal
    ✭✭  / 

For it was a cable problem. Change the cable and check

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  / 

Yepp, that seems to be either faulty cable and/or charger.

Of course in worst case it might be faulty battery but You really should try with other charger/cable combinations to eliminate those.

• Algo check if there is an application using to much power.

• Samroon Sohail Samroon Sohail
    ✭✭  / 

I think your phones battery needs to be calibrated .. there is a discussion here where a guy was facing same problem.. and he calibrated his batter. Check older posts.

• ozgurkinaci ozgurkinaci
    ✭✭  / 

I haven't had the problem, but worth to check the post in "7.2 Dual SIM - Android 10 users - Page 2", from @Bharath KB

• Bharath KB Bharath KB
    ✭✭✭  / 

@ozgurkinaci Thanks buddy for mentioning the post .

Hope it will be usefull to them : )

• Muvi Muvi
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for all your responses.

I don't know what the problem is sometimes it is charging slowly and sometimes at normal rate.

I tried charging with different adapter of same power rating (10W), it charged at normal rate than 3+hr.

Anyways I think it is some software problem. I will update if this problem continues and also use this thread for the same issue on android 10.

• rajesh techgeek rajesh techgeek
    ✭✭  / 

Hi all,

I have also faced the slow charging problem and found a solution. just rotate a cable 180 degree so that a metal joint in type c port will face upward direction and then insert it.

if you want to connect to a laptop, just rotate the cable and use it

• I turned the cable plug180 degrees. Then it went from slow charging to fast charging. I wonder why. But it worked.

This was the first time I charged. Does anybody know whether not charging to the full and unplugging affects the whole battery life? In the past the rule was always charge to 100% otherwise battery 'memory' will go be reduced.

Regards.

• munnasharma munnasharma
    ✭✭✭  / 

In my case cable was faulty. I changed it and now my phone charge rapidly.

• Just make that assistant ambient display feature off. Then see magic.

• BratwurstmitSenf BratwurstmitSenf
    ✭✭✭  / 

I didn't and don't have an ambient display turned on, but since the update to Android 11, fast charging doesn't work.

• user1515423887891 user1515423887891
    ✭✭  / 

Поменяйте кабеля и будет вам счастье

• aminaabz aminaabz
    ✭✭  / 

The most common culprit in the case of a slow charging phone is its Charging kit. It could be that your USB cable loses contact due to a weak connector or, it is worn out and no longer works optimally. The same goes for the adapter (charging head), which may have been damaged by a power surge causing it to malfunction.

• Troy Cleveland Troy Cleveland
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, I'm facing a similar problem with my Nokia 5.3 here is a screenshot I took the other day:

95% Charging (38 min. until full) seriously it's got to charge only 5%!

• Basically it might be the charging IC issue in worst case

• Basically it might be the charging IC issue in worst case