Never Buying This Joke Of a Brand Again

Disappointment at its peak. The Phone is unusable because of its bugs and lack of attention from HMD Global.

Never Buying This Joke Of a Brand Again

Xploiter Xploiter
✭✭  / 

Disappointment at its peak.

The Phone is unusable because of its bugs and lack of attention from HMD Global. A simple Sound Distortion Problem Fix Has Taken almost 6 Months. Fed Up of waiting further, i am certainly Going to throw this garbage and buy some real smartphone.

Comments

• Nirmal Katariya Nirmal Katariya
    ✭✭✭  / 

Completely agree...

There is no harry to provide Android 10 update. There should be proper beta testing.

Thanks 🙂

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 2020

The phone is not unusable, it works well after after android 10 it has a sound bug with games that is all. Backup and perform a factory reset if you have other issues. What else are you expecting to be fixed with an update

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

They cant fix audio bug for 6 months. Shame on you.

• markw49 markw49
    ✭✭✭  / 

Haven't experienced any audio bugs at all. Factory reset and go again, shame on you.

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

Open whatsup audio message and u will hear crackling sound. Same problem is for games. Every Nokia 7.1, 6.1 plus and 7 plus have this problem and your phone too for sure, u are not exception. I did factory reset 3 times and same problem again. Sound in Youtube and samo other apps working good.

• markw49 markw49
    ✭✭✭  / 

How can you possibly know what my phone sounds like? I can categorically claim that there is NO crackling audio in WhatsApp and I should know, we are using WhatsApp an awful lot during this current lockdown. Don't play games so can't comment there.

Also how can you say every 6.1+, 7+ and 7.1 have this problem, have you personally checked every single device Nokia have made and sold? no of course not, so quit with the dramatics.

• Sudiptapal Sudiptapal
    ✭✭  / 

Yah , please go buy some real smartphone, who sells your private data to Chinese communist government. Please go. I wish you good luck. 😆😆😆 Your "real smartphone" handset will be "dead" after 2 years of usage anyways. 🤔 Like all of my friend's zenfone , real me, oppo , and xiomi s did .

BTW I bought a made in india handset ✋ 😏 tho.

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2020

I can claim with 100% that every Nokia 7.1, 7 plus and 6.1 plus got this problem, u got this problem too but dont want to hear it so stop talking no sense. Read other forums thread and u will see that everyone got this problem. Nokia will fix it in another MR update and u will see that they will write about this bug when they release update.

I have started testing the much awaited April MR.

I would like to thank @singhnsk for April update before hand.

Will update if I observe new changes. Update isn't official out yet so have patience.

1. Audio bug in 3rd party apps fixed
    2. Gcam works fines
    3. Equalizer works on Spotify & Gaana
    4. I didn't have screen freezing after 10 update so I can't say anything about it.
    5. Gestures don't work with 3td party launcher (Google is to blame)
    6. Screenshots

• markw49 markw49
    ✭✭✭  / 

Whatever, you CANNOT claim that 100% of all phones have this issue, that is just BS. Even if ONLY 1 does not have it then 100% cannot or is that too difficult to understand?

Just because a 'fix' is being worked on in the next MR again does NOT mean that it is present in every device!! As an example, Microsoft have a known profile deletion bug in Windows 10 that they are working on. Do all 1Billion users suffer from it? NO! just because a certain % do DOES NOT mean that everything has it!!

Again you do not know my phone, you have never seen it, tested it or listened to it so you CANNOT claim that I have the problem and am making no sense. Instead you are just mindlessly droning on about the same thing over and over. I also have a 8.1 and whilst it did have some issues until the last MR, I never experienced as many as others on this forum or are you calling me a liar about that too?

Anyway I'm done with replying to your comments, it's a case of 'if you don't agree with me then you're wrong' even though we have different models (TA-1100) over here, different countries, apps, networks etc. none of which you have taken into account so goodbye and have a nice life.

• pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  / 

I agree, you cannot claim 100 percent have the issues you list. I do not, in fact, I am having zero issues with my 7.1, on Android 10. The phone works great, and I get good battery life, usually around 7 hours of screen time. I have no audio issues with 3rd party apps. I believe most of the issues people have, are app related. Those vendors need to make their apps play nice with Android 10.

Nokia is not the only brand with people complaining about Android 10, read this discussion. I haven't heard nearly this many issues with the 7.1. https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-7-pro-android-10-bugs.1116241/

I am very pleased with my phone, it works great, if yours doesn't, make sure all your apps are up to date, and if they are, do a factory reset and start over, but don't let it automatically restore apps, do it manually from the play store.

The problem with forums, is you generally do not have satisfied customers posting about how their phone is working the way it is supposed to, you generally only have people with issues posting. That makes it seem as if every one has issues when they don't.

Look at the apps you have that are not working properly, and send a bug report to the maker of that app. You can also send bug reports to Android, which makes more sense than complaining here. https://source.android.com/setup/contribute/report-bugs

Try uninstalling apps that have issues and reinstalling.

Everyone is not having issues with their Nokia 7.1, once you stop believing that fallacy, maybe you will be able to fix the issues you are having.

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

"Everyone is not having issues with their Nokia 7.1, once you stop believing that fallacy, maybe you will be able to fix the issues you are having."

Everyone got crackling sound on 7.1. Thats a fact.

• Novaspud Novaspud
    ✭✭  / 

Security Patch 2020-04 just bricked my 7.1, customer support says I should send it to customer care for repairs. Phone is out of warranty so it will cost to get it fixed. So, Nokia breaks phone with security update and expects me to pay them, the ones that broke it for repairs? Great company! How is this any different than ransomware?

No issues before security patch.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

you should not have to pay for repairs on a security patch causing issues.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

No not everyone has crackling issues. I don't have any such issues on any audio I use. I do not use WhatsApp.

• pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  / 

I guess you mean, except for me, because I don't have that with my 7.1. Sorry. That is a fact.

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

Install real drum for example and play drums on it. U will hear crackling sound. Play audio message in whatsup and u will hear it too. Some other games have this problem too. Youtube and some other music apps work fine for me too but problem is there in other apps. Nokia aware of this problem, i contact them about that and they told me that they will fix that bug in other MR update. Every device got this problem, thats fact.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

It's better to not argue at that point buddy. Next up, they'll say that it is an issue with that particular app and you should contact the app developer and not blame HMD.

Yes, it's a fact that there's electronic noise from the speakers for most of the games and WhatsApp voice notes (not audios or calls, I belive) and with several other apps. Since all phones run the same software and the same hardware, it affects all of them. If somebody doesn't note it, then they either don't use those apps/features or they are just defying it for weird reasons.

The issue was originally from Qualcomm's end and was fixed by them around December 2019. FIH Mobile's dev team still uses older AOSP sources and haven't manually pushed a fix there either. So, the issue remains. It will be fixed in all SDM_660 phones whenever the next MR comes. I won't start making solid guesses, but let's say 6 months post the Android 10 release because that's when Nokia 8.1 got its first MR on Android 10.

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

I absolutely agree with you, we all have same hardware and we must have same bugs on it but people dont listen or living in an a illusion that everything is running great. Nokia said that they fixed this bugs but now they have random restart bug, because of that, MR update is delayed for may or later, we will see.

• halimgur halimgur
     / 

Nokia 8.3 now has more serious bugs:

• Camera keeps crashing
    • The phone cannot connect to enterprise wifi (eduroam)

What a disappointment!

• halimgur halimgur
     / 

I do not know how to start a thread. I can see some people did. So there must be a way. If there is, it is not obvious on my Windows 10 computer using Chrome.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

You need to wait for 24 hours since you join the forum before you can create new threads here :)

• pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  /