My camera stopped working after Android 10 came up is it same for you aswell?

Camera started malfunctioning after updating the phone to Android 10.

My camera stopped working after Android 10 came up is it same for you aswell?

Camera started malfunctioning after updating the phone to Android 10. Camera opens and blacks out with a capture button not working, No front and back camera swipe button.

Answers

• Mine is working fine but wide angle option isn't coming except for video.

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭  / 

Works OK. Wide angle as well.

• CJaramillo CJaramillo
    ✭✭  / 

Reset your phones guys.

• rakshith rakshith
    ✭✭  / 

Happened a few times for me too! Not just the camera app, also other apps that uses camera like snapchat crashes. Says can't find camera, restart app or device. Just restarting phone solves the issue. But it's happening like every two days after Android 10 update. Will there be a fix for this?

• rakesh☠️ rakesh☠️
     /  edited May 2020

Mine is working pretty good

• kirtan desai kirtan desai
    ✭✭  / 

Yes same is happening with me. Camera is not accessible through any app and torch isn't working either

• rakshith rakshith
    ✭✭  / 

I've reported this issue to the support and they said to clear the cache of the camera app and reset the settings. But that doesn't even work and the settings are also not accessible in the camera app

• ellendunger ellendunger
    ✭✭  / 

Mine is also not working properly. The camera app and in snapchat. I restart the phone and they work for an hour or two but then stop working. My photos taken before the update are not appearing either. Not far off doing a factory reset. Any other suggestions?

• faheem haider faheem haider
    ✭✭  / 

same issue camera stops working

• Nokia 6.2 .My mobile is in dead state it's not getting turned on I've tried all instructions customer care said.they didn't work. I juts bought my phone yesterday. Wow

• I Updated my Nokia 4.2 phone to Android 10 and all the videos i record are mute, and all my voice recording apps are without sound too, bt i make calls though. Please when is there going to be a fix for this?

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭  / 

6.2 is my backup phone and I don't take much pictures with it. But now after using Android 10 for a few weeks or so I have noticed some trouble when starting the cam with double-pressing the power button when the phone is locked. Sometimes the cam screen won't "load" completely or it lags and you cannot take a picture, at least not immediately.

• anonymousUser anonymousUser
    ✭✭  / 

Hello everybody, my first post : )

I had this problem too, but I solved it. Just for the case that you also like to play around with the developer options, here's what happened to me:

My camera didn't work, the app opened sometimes, but only partially, complained about missing rights of Google Play, which I allowed but which didn't help, in WhatsApp the camera didn't work, too. WhatsApp suggested to reboot (which didn't help). But my flashlight worked.

Then I remembered that I have seen after the update a new control in the developer options, a toggle for sensors to turn them on and off, which I put into my quick settings, enabled them and then deleted them from the quick settings and forget about them. Seems like the camera is a sensor, too, because after I turned this toggle off the camera worked again : )

Hope this helps anybody else!

• ankit sharma02 ankit sharma02
    ✭✭  / 

There may be some kind of issue with the camera which you need to follow some written instructions which can be helpful for the working of camera.I have checked some of the https://edubirdie.org/edubirdie-review-the-most-honest-and-reliable/ review options which provides the Edu Birdie review of any written content.

• Syaani Syaani
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2020

I had the exact same issue. Rebooting phone helped for a little while and was not a very good solution. After I uninstalled snapchat my camera has been working fine for three days now. So it's highly possible snapchat causes the camera to malfunction.

I also lost all contacts from the phone during Android 10 update and could never recover them yet.

Oh and the phone is Nokia 6.2

• Even i have the same issue of camera not functioning many times...and yes it has started after the Android 10 update...i hope there is any solution to this problem..

• riz k riz k
    ✭✭  / 

Here the same problem.

And everytime a reset is not a solution.

• rakshith rakshith
    ✭✭  / 

I found a way to solve this problem, the camera crashes when an app with camera permission tries to access the location and crashes the camera.

Try disabling the camera and location permission for the apps which have both the permissions (i.e, camera & location). Do this for apps one by one and see which apps cause the problem and see whether the camera crashes or not.

In my case I the apps are Snapchat, Instagram and GCam are the apps having permission to Camera and Location. Finally disabling the permission for Insta worked for me. And my camera didn't crash for the past week.

Hope this helps 😊

• I have been facing the same issue for almost a month now. Has someone been able to find a solution? I can't keep restarting my phone 5 times a day to resolve this

• rakshith rakshith
    ✭✭  / 

See the previous comment and check for an app which causes it.

• **** e r s what type of **** this mobile is

• Troyser Troyser
    ✭✭  / 

I have been an iPhone user for more years than I care to remember. I saw this phone advertised and as I needed a new phone - usual iPhone problem of battery dying, decided to give Nokia 8.3 a try - mainly due to price. Deep regrets. After only 8 days a problem, camera will not work. I contacted Nokia online help and she took me through numerous different workings (one of which I have attached) all of which, didn’t work. The only lucky thing for me is that I can return this pile of s*&# and get a phone that works.

• Troyser Troyser
    ✭✭  / 

I have been an iPhone user for more years than I care to remember. I saw this phone advertised and as I needed a new phone - usual iPhone problem of battery dying, decided to give Nokia 8.3 a try - mainly due to price. Deep regrets. After only 8 days a problem, camera will not work. I contacted Nokia online help and she took me through numerous different workings (one of which I have attached) all of which, didn’t work. The only lucky thing for me is that I can return this pile of s*&# and get a phone that works.