Screen brightness goes to zero when outdoors at bright sunlight

Hi, My 7.1 screen goes to minimum brightness level when I try to use the phone outdoors at bright sunlight (auto screen brightness is turned on, no screen protectors).

Screen brightness goes to zero when outdoors at bright sunlight

Risto H. Risto H.
✭✭  / 

Hi,

My 7.1 screen goes to minimum brightness level when I try to use the phone outdoors at bright sunlight (auto screen brightness is turned on, no screen protectors). So the phone becomes unusable because I cannot see anything. It happened in warm climate (Thailand, 30+C) and also now in Finland (10C), so it cannot be temperature / overheat issue. I have tried to chat with Nokia service but I only got non-sense answers and I gave up. Anyone else having same screen brightness issue?

And when I drag from the top twice to bring out the brightness bar and set it to max manually.. it's not even possible because as soon as I open top menu, screen goes completely black. Nothing visible.

The only way to get the phone working for a moment at bright light is to randomly play with power button and just try to turn it on again/unlock the phone again. After 2nd or 3rd time it usually works. But then again, as long as the phone sees the sun, it goes dark again.

Comments

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

I got this problem too. Dont know how to fix it. :(

• markw49 markw49
    ✭✭✭  / 

No, never happens to me

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

Do u have screen protector installed?

• Risto H. Risto H.
    ✭✭  / 

As i stated in the first sentence, no screen protector.

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

That happens to me just when direct sunlight reflect of the screen. Otherwise working good but sometimes very annoying. Nokia must fix this problem too.

• Risto H. Risto H.
    ✭✭  / 

This has been the issue with Nokia 7.1.

Nokia 4.2 is even worse - turns brightness to minimum even when lights in the room are on. So auto-brightness cannot be used.

Anyone knows if the same poorly performing hw/sensors are used in 2019-2020 year phones?

• kristen stevart kristen stevart
     /  edited July 27

Get the lots of thing about how to earn money online making money from home online in India.