So what happened to the April 2020 MR Update? I just received a security patch SP!

Learn from Nokia to insult the customer He hasn't been able to fix the bugs for five months!

So what happened to the April 2020 MR Update? I just received a security patch SP!

VR989 VR989
✭✭  /  edited May 5

Learn from Nokia to insult the customer

He hasn't been able to fix the bugs for five months!

🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 Month

Comments

• VR989 VR989
    ✭✭  /  edited May 5

I wanted in the future to choose the Nokia 8.3, but I'd better get the OnePlus 8 Pro or...

My choices are in order

android SmartPhones

Pixel 4a

Pixel 4 XL

ONE plus 8 PRO

SONY XPERIA 1 MARK II PRO

My Second SmartPhone : iPhone 8 Plus

Apple support = GOD

Google support = King

ONE plus support = King

NOKIA support = 🤬 [•••] Rejected!

• AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

You don't follow thread properly, I mentioned that MR got delayed due to bug we will get SP only. Better buy OnePlus or pixel or xperia because apple s***s

• DYD DYD
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia cant fix audio bug for 6 months! What a joke.

• jbatista jbatista
    ✭✭✭  / 

Love it or hate it no one does updates as Apple.

Sure, the phone is stupid expensive and does not have all the latest bells and whistles but in the end of the day, if you want updates, it will get them for around 5 year, the day they are released. To get that in the android world what do we have?

✭✭✭✭  / 
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭✭  / 

Agreed. If I did not dislike Apple thoroughly, and it was not so much expensive in India, I would have gone for the new iPhone SE. It suits my usage needs completely. Unfortunately there are no good Android phones that come in that form factor.

• Lawss Lawss
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 5

So you mean to say that you can use a phone for five years just because they will support with updates. What about battery life? Charging and recharging cycle will eventually worn out your battery. What will you do for that?

Anyways it's your wish, you are the user, you can go ahead with whatever phones you wish you use.

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 

You will need to prioritize what you desire from your phone. If you are fine with trading away your privacy then you can continue with Android, else ditch it.

Apple might be expensive, but when it comes to getting basics right nobody beats Apple. Period.

• jbatista jbatista
    ✭✭✭  / 

I've been using a smartphone since the Samsung Galaxy S days and the battery was never an issue for me. My main reason to change phones honestly is them getting dropped by the manufacturer and not having good enough, or any, 3rd party support.

• Regaiguia Ramzi Regaiguia Ramzi
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia Rip. bad phone after Android 10 my 7 plus is trach

✭✭  / 

No bug fix

✭✭  / 

**** you nokia .**** day a bayit

✭✭✭✭  / 

Actually it's Google's fault for trash aosp , and Nokia kust didn't want to redo the efforts so they pushed update on this.

Sound bug - Google & Qualcomm

Restart bug - Google

Rest bugs - Nokia's messed up vendor image

• praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭  / 

I'm actually using my Samsung Galaxy A7 (2015) since March 2015 till today 6 May 2020. More than 5 years now. Changed the battery once in Dec 2017, and till today, it is running as smooth as it was in the initial days. The last update was in Jan 2018. I don't remember it hanged in the last 1.5-2 odd years.

I purchased Nokia 7 Plus to replace Samsung as my primary phone, but after a few months, stopped using it and reverted back to Samsung as primary device; and after Android 10 update, the Nokia 7+ is lying in the cupboard. I just switch it on in 15-20 days so that it doesn't become dead. I used to listen music on the 7+, but after A10, that too isn't possible due to sound issues.

So overall, if the phone performs good, why not use it for a longer time? My brother is still using a Lumia phone since 2014 and the battery life too is very decent (1 day for normal use). Nokia is not the same old Nokia. It is HMD which is selling under the brand name of Nokia.

I wish I had a privilege to say the same for my Nokia 7 Plus too.

• Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭✭  / 

Agreed. we used Galaxy S5 and Nexus 5 for almost 5 years. Had to replace Nexus 5 battery once. The devices were still in good condition but 2 GB RAM was becoming the bottleneck and caused slowness. So decided to exchange both for cheaper phones as now those are better value for money. Got Honor 7X and Nokia 7plus.

There are hardly any complaints from Honor 7X 😅 being less than half the price of Nokia 7plus I think it delivered more than I expected.

But Nokia 7plus 😔. I don't know how much long I will be able to tolerate that chad chad khad khad sound I get when I have to use my office conference call app 3-4 hours a day. It has been a nightmare since January. Of course including other annoyances like screen flicker on very low brightness, headphone jack not working 1-2 times a month, once in a while device freeze and crashes, and inability to use Nokia fast charger from April-September due to heating and reboots.

✭✭✭✭  / 

That sound was due to google & Qualcomm fault. Nokia had made 10 update on that so if they used new aosp then they would have to re do it , anyways will hopefully get MR in may

• Alessandro Perin Alessandro Perin
    ✭✭  / 

Is there a way to roll back to the previous March patch? Because I did not have any freeze screen problem there, which I have in this April patch

• Angad Saroj Angad Saroj
    ✭✭  / 

Sir give huge update in Nokia 7 plus

Which will have more useful features

In Google camera . Please help me

✭✭  / 

Nokia lied and crap the whole update

April month 2020

• jbatista jbatista
    ✭✭✭  / 

How's the test going? To be honest I don't remember ever walking into a bug with the phone...

• Lawss Lawss
    ✭✭✭  / 

Apple's recent phone SE 2020 for example has the oldest design and they put the latest chip and only 399$

Now you tell me why would anyone buy that phone other than an Apple fanboy.

Or people who think that let the hard earned money go to **** but we will buy only Apple, as privacy is all that matters.

• jbatista jbatista
    ✭✭✭  / 

If you see your phone as a fashion statement, then you're doing it wrong. In my opinion the only thing that that phone got wrong was the battery size.

I see myself going from the 7 plus to a iPhone SE if the 11 doesn't drop enough in price when the 12 gets released. Am I an Apple fanboy for choosing and iPhone over an Android? Fine, I don't care, but I won't have to worry about updates for a few more years than every other Androids you buy in the meantime.

My android background:

Samsung Galaxy S

Nexus 5

Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime

Nokia 7 plus

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 10

My elder sis has small hands. She can barely manage to use a phone with gigantic screens with one hand. She says SE model is the best of the lot when it comes to both hardware and software experience. Does that make her an Apple fanboy despite using Android till now?

Even Dave2D has small hands and has been critical of big screens. But he still uses OP phone with a big screen after being an Apple user for long. Would you call him an Android fanboy?

People have different needs and expectations. If any phone gets maximum points on their checklist, be it 499$ phone or an 999$ phone, they will purchase it if they have the money.

If you tell me that if I purchase a phone from a particular company who gets its basics right makes me a fanboy... By all means call me. When I pay an amount for a phone I expect it to perform for what I paid.

As MKBHD rightly puts it, "Purchase a phone for it's price based on what it offers today and not what it will offer 3-4 years later."

• Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭✭  / 

I have never used iphones, and probably never will unless something drastic happens. But I agree. People are free to choose what they are comfortable with. One person cannot dictate anothers choice and preferences.

I would personally prefer Pixel 3a like package. 5.5 inch screen and single camera. I don't like that phones are getting too big or having ridiculous number of cameras now. However they are also pricing them a bit high.

What iPhone SE did is great. Powerful in a compact form factor. And affordable, atleast from Apple user's perspective and not considering the Indian price which is way too much unfortunately.

✭✭  / 

Nokia also desperately needs mr + sp to send updates and fix every bug. Nokia 7plus phone

2020 may

• NeAga NeAga
    ✭✭  / 

smartphones could last a lifetime if it weren't for companies who deliberately design their stuff so they can sell it like bread, a new one every day.

The complete industry is fraudulent. Planned obsolescence to the brim.

They all do it. Pure Fraud.

And then they dare whine about losing sales and blame everything and everyone except themselves. Typical for prostitutes.

Good thing we have laws or we would only be paying and never getting anything. That's the kind of douchbags running all industries now.