NOKIA-HMD Global Shipments Declined

Hello Community We're are aware that COVID-19 Pandemic right now also affects the sales and services of HMD Global.

NOKIA-HMD Global Shipments Declined

jeffianfm jeffianfm
✭✭✭  /  edited May 5

Hello Community

We're are aware that COVID-19 Pandemic right now also affects the sales and services of HMD Global.

Meanwhile. Many Legitimate Sources says that HMD Global are still in the bottom in terms of Shipments and Sales since last year and we notice it in ourselves even we are in different Countries.

In my Opinion, why HMD Global suffering in Shipments Drop it's because... (Excluding COVID-19 Pandemic)

[1]. HMD Global doesn't so much invest in Advertising/Commercials in every Local or International TV Channels VS. Other Brands.

[2]. Majority of our Local Carriers/Network Operators doesn't support HMD Global due to Poor Demand and after sales.

[3]. HMD Global doesn't learn why are they used an Old Processors like in NOKIA 7.2 and it results not convincible to Consumers.

[4]. Lacking of Availability of NOKIA Accessories in every country and Consumers are not convincible to buy NOKIA Android Phones without the availability of Accessories.

[5]. And lastly, Lack of support from other Third Party Accessories who makes Alternative Accessories for Android Phones.

-So the Question now is. How and When that Juho Sarvikas (HMD Global's CPO) should deal this matter?

[We think NOKIA doesn't care this one because HMD Global is an Exclusive Licensee of NOKIA].

To Juho Sarvikas, if you Love NOKIA Phones same as our feelings you should deal this one. Because we notice/d it from the start why HMD Global are always in the bottom. We hope you will realize how other Brands doing.

(To the Community, you are always welcome to post your Ideas and Observations about HMD Global)

Comments

• Grzesio Grzesio
    ✭✭  / 

@juho we must working together to make Nokia great again.

• jeffianfm jeffianfm
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 6

@madbilly, @singhnsk Do you agree with this Argument?

@Singh@SinghDo you have any Idea wants to share about this? 🙂

• San.Phu San.Phu
    ✭✭✭  / 

I think now HMD should release only few models with latest hardware and bugfree software. This strategy will overcome hmd burden of updating and maintaining so much devices at a time and can get time to innovate and focus on business.

• jeffianfm jeffianfm
    ✭✭✭  / 

Bug is given. No Devices are perfect. That's given but it should addressed afterwards.

We don't know how HMD Global innovates in their own.

But we all know about is HMD Global is an Exclusive Licensee of NOKIA.

NOKIA is different than HMD Global.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Well, to me, there is a need of both software innovation and good pricing. The Nokia 5.3 might be a good product if they price it well

I don't think there's a good future with Android One as HMD is investing 0% into developing an ecosystem. Stock Android is okay, but there need to be things to make people choose "Nokia" over others. Today, there's essentially nothing.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @jeffianfm,

Good post, good list of observations.

1. I think you're probably right, people don't generally realise Nokia still exists. I remember seeing a Nokia 8 advert in 2017 but nothing memorable since then (except what I've sought myself).
    2. You're right that retailers don't put Nokia phones in the most prime positions from what I've seen, but that is more down to HMD not paying the retailers for those prime slots rather than the retailer deciding.
    3. I'm not sure that specs are an issue outside of the enthusiast/prosumer category.
    4. I agree there is a severe shortage of Nokia branded accessories in many places, but do people really make their decision to buy a €00s item based on the availability of €0s accessories?
    5. Same as point above.

I think HMD need to differentiate more and I definitely don't agree with them that beige Android is a differentiator, a USP, but they seem to think it is.

We have to wait and see what happens with Huawei - if their sales outside of China start to improve then we may see HMD do something different, moving away from Android One, otherwise the future is beige. 😐

Cheers 🙂

• rohitkrme rohitkrme
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia phones need to be like the older times, CHEAP & BEST... 😁

Although this is a bit late statement because it won't apply now, but I think there should be 2 categories of phones-

1. C-Series (Ultra Affordable)

2. N-Series (Ultra Premium)

"C", "N" are done. Don't consider T-Series... 🤣

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @user1540363690144,

There were also X and E series too.

Cheers 🙂

• rohitkrme rohitkrme
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 14

Yeah, X and E do exist 😂

But I'm more familiar with C and N because I used Nokia C2-03 and Nokia N9, hehe 🤣

• Lawss Lawss
    ✭✭✭  / 

You said it, what I was thinking for so long now, I cannot think of using any other brand otherwise I would have ditched Nokia Android phones after their first gen phones.

There is absolutely nothing which differentiates Nokia from other brands so it's high time they think over this ASAP.

I want to see my favorite brand to be in the market longer.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Well, I'm sure this is true for most of the people who invested into HMD - they are Nokia fans or have faith and trust on Nokia and hence they buy Nokia phones.

I wish HMD cared more, but anyhow, let's see for how long they struggle before a change of strategy takes place.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Wonder why they used X series in China, but never got the interest to make them global. Does anybody assume that Nokia 6.1 Plus looked more marketable than Nokia X6?

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @singhnsk,

I've no idea why they went with the confusing Plus names globally but with X in China. At the time I had hoped that X meant they would be non-beige Android, but that hope was dashed PDQ! 😆

Cheers 🙂

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

But at least those X (now really ex) in China were better than the Beige one with own launcher, services and featured. There was even one HMD/Nokia account. I'm not aware what it provided and who was running its backend.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @singhnsk,

Yes, I suppose you're right, the X versions were better than the beige plus versions. I didn't know about that HMD/Nokia account, but I presume it was just to track what apps people installed! 😆

Do you have that account on your 7? You could set it up and see what it's for.

Cheers 🙂

• user123 user123
    ✭✭✭  / 

I am not complaining about the price of HMD devices but they have to provide good support for the price we paid. many of the device shipped with HW issues like screen flickering in nokia 8.1 but they didnt done anything for that and also many people facing SW issues with the device but even after 2+ years HMD is not ready to provide BOOTLOADER UNLOCK atleast a RECOVERY tool also , we have to think twice to buy Nokia device again .

• Maui20 Maui20
    ✭✭  / 

I have this Nokia C2 unfortunately this one drain the battery big time and difficult to charge again. It takes almost 5hours to have 15% I bought this September 4,2020, after 2wks.tadaaaa... I can't used it the usual. The battery drain so quickly and won't charge right away.

• Maui20 Maui20
    ✭✭  / 

Is there any one can help to resolve this... I tried to calibrate the battery but it won't me get to right path.. The press button power and volume up dint work.

• Maui20 Maui20
    ✭✭  / 

Does Any one?!?

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Contact nokia support as there could be an issue with the phone. Have you tried a different charger and cable.

• Maui20 Maui20
    ✭✭  / 

Hi I try different charger...but no worries I figured it out..Nokia supports doesn't work...I check on all apps and see if running at the background and reset my display and remove apps that is not actually necessary. Then try to charge it again and it works.battery drain in a normal mode now.unlike before.