How to fix my vibration issue in mu nokia 6.1 plus?

I have vibration issue as my phone doesn't vibrate when it rings or when it's on vibration mode.

How to fix my vibration issue in mu nokia 6.1 plus?

user1535789007416 user1535789007416
✭✭  / 

I have vibration issue as my phone doesn't vibrate when it rings or when it's on vibration mode. I have tried accessibility vibration setting also the settings in sounds . But still it's not working.

Answers

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @user1535789007416,

Does anything make your phone vibrate? If nothing makes it vibrate then the motor may be broken, in which case it needs to be repaired. Is it still in warranty? If so then you should be able to get this repaired under warranty as HMD have admitted that they have had some systematic problems with charging ports.

Remember that HMD extended warranty for 60 days if it was due to expire between 15th March and 15th May:

Our Repair and Returns services are experiencing some disruption in wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. To ensure we can still deliver on our promise, we are extending the warranty on your Nokia phone by 60 days. This is applicable to all warranties on both feature phones and smart phones that were due to expire between 15th March and 15th May 2020.

Even if you can't get it repaired under warranty it may be possible to repair easily, you'll have to take it to a repair shop when you get chance.

In fact, depending on the consumer protection legislation where you live you may be protected by other laws. E.g. in the EU even if the statutory guarantee expires (2 years) products are still expected to last a reasonable amount of time, which for smartphones could be 2-3 years or more. In these cases the manufacturer still has to repair, replace or refund, even if the guarantee/warranty has expired.

However, all of that is only helpful if it is a hardware fault. For a software fault you can try these steps to isolate or remove the fault:

1. Soft reset - long press the power button until the phone restarts
    2. Safe mode - press the power button then long press the power icon on screen then select safe mode. This will disable all your personal apps so it can be useful for eliminating those as a problem. Use the phone for a long period of time in this mode to see if the problem happens again. If it does then there is a problem with one of your apps.
    3. Hard reset and restore app settings from backup (be sure to do a backup first, see my thread here for suggestions: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/58205/my-recommended-backup-and-restore-method
    4. Hard reset and delete all of your files.

Please tell us what you find out.

Cheers 🙂