Why nokia not help our customers who facing the charging port issues main in nokia 6.1 plus

My nokia 6.1 plus charging port issues second time. And globally this issue not solved by nokia ourself.

Why nokia not help our customers who facing the charging port issues main in nokia 6.1 plus

user1534869250169 user1534869250169
✭✭  / 

My nokia 6.1 plus charging port issues second time. And globally this issue not solved by nokia ourself.

Answers

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @user1534869250169,

When did you buy your 6.1+, is it still in warranty? If so then you should be able to get this repaired under warranty as HMD have admitted that they have had some systematic problems with charging ports.

Remember that HMD extended warranty for 60 days if it was due to expire between 15th March and 15th May:

Our Repair and Returns services are experiencing some disruption in wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. To ensure we can still deliver on our promise, we are extending the warranty on your Nokia phone by 60 days. This is applicable to all warranties on both feature phones and smart phones that were due to expire between 15th March and 15th May 2020.

Even if you can't get it repaired under warranty it may be possible to repair easily, you'll have to take it to a repair shop when you get chance.

To be honest, depending on the consumer protection legislation where you live you may be protected by other laws. E.g. in the EU even if the statutory guarantee expires (2 years) products are still expected to last a reasonable amount of time, which for smartphones could be 2-3 years or more. In these cases the manufacturer still has to repair, replace or refund, even if the guarantee/warranty has expired.

Cheers 🙂

• SANDEEP MUNDRI SANDEEP MUNDRI
    ✭✭  / 

I had bought Nokia 6.1 plus through Flipkart which was delivered to me on 21-10-2018.After a year when my phone's warranty expired, there a was a problem with my phone. My phone was not charging properly, then I went to the Nokia Care Sherya Services ,Ranchi Jharkhand (India) in March before lockdown. 

I was told that there is a problem with the charging port ,your handset warranty is over but the company is offering free charging port replacement for Nokia 6.1 plus customers for additional six months ( I.e till April) and you have to back up your data because the data may get lost while replacement so I went back home and after two days the lockdown started.  Now again post lockdown I went to the same service center and I was told that the additional port replacement offer is over and they have not received any information from the RMS regarding this issue. The company should have increased the date of offer.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi @SANDEEP MUNDRI,

That doesn't sound fair at all. I suggest you contact Nokia support directly by email or chat and get agreement from them that you can get the charging port repair done still. Maybe @dipankar paul knows more about this?

Cheers 🙂