Phone Blacks out

Why does the Nokis 4.2 black out for some time, say - 5 secs when using apps like Twitter or Whatsapp?what might be the cause?

Phone Blacks out

Xavi09 Xavi09
✭✭  / 

Why does the Nokis 4.2 black out for some time, say - 5 secs when using apps like Twitter or Whatsapp?what might be the cause?

Answers

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi @Xavi09,

That sounds strange! It could be all sorts of reasons, but it's probably either an Android misconfiguration or some other app you've installed which is interfering with display. You can try these steps to try and isolate and remove the problem:

1. Soft reset - long press the power button until the phone restarts
    2. Safe mode - press the power button then long press the power icon on screen then select safe mode. This will disable all your personal apps so it can be useful for eliminating those as a problem. Use the phone for a long period of time in this mode to see if the problem happens again. If it does then there is a problem with one of your apps.
    3. Hard reset and restore app settings from backup (be sure to do a backup first, see my thread here for suggestions: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/58205/my-recommended-backup-and-restore-method
    4. Hard reset and delete all of your files.

Cheers 🙂

• Xavi09 Xavi09
    ✭✭  / 

Great I'll try the second option