Hotspot function dead after April 2020 upgrade.

Pleased as punch I was to get the latest security upgrade. But then I discovered that the hotspot has "gone cold".

Hotspot function dead after April 2020 upgrade.

Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
✭✭✭  / 

Pleased as punch I was to get the latest security upgrade. But then I discovered that the hotspot has "gone cold". My new provider, Danish YouSee, to which I was forced to take after Fullrate closed, supports the hotspot function.

Three months without a hotspot after four months at least without a compass and a naff video camera with clicking audio on one phone within three years is bummer.

Sounds like a free 8.3 to me!

Comments

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Here no hotspot problems after the 2020-04 update (luckily) ...

Good luck with the 8.3 (if you get it) 🤣

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Did you do any troubleshooting steps to try resolve the hotspot / tethering issue @Hugh Matthews ?

'Reset network connections' should force the phone to re-read the default settings and apply settings from the SIM card. Notice it will lose stored WiFi and paired Bluetooth devices.

Power down the phone, remove the SIM, start the phone without SIM, log in and let it sit for a couple of minutes, power down, insert the SIM, start up the phone, may also force the phone to read the proper settings from the SIM card without losing other network settings.

Fullrate piggybacked the YouSee / Tele Denmark Huawai based network infrastructure but the proper settings deep down may be different.

-- Hans

• Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 

Thanks Hans! That worked just fine. Sorry not to respond immediately. I'm on youSee now, too. Much better than they used to be in many ways - as long as I still pay the Fullrate price.

Thinking hard about my 8 today, and it's actually performing well without issues most of the time.

• Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 

Apart from occasional unasked-for restarts.