BUG!! RAW Capture has been disabled with Android 10 update.Can`t shoot in RAW with other Camera Apps

First screen shot is from Nokia 8 Sirocco and second from 7 Plus, and many users also have the same issue that were using other camera apps than the stock one.

BUG!! RAW Capture has been disabled with Android 10 update.Can`t shoot in RAW with other Camera Apps

treble treble
✭✭  / 

First screen shot is from Nokia 8 Sirocco and second from 7 Plus, and many users also have the same issue that were using other camera apps than the stock one.

Comments

• madralphw madralphw
    ✭✭  / 

+1

• valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 

+1

• Sonus Sonus
    ✭✭  / 

My Nokia 8 Sirocco not support Google camera after android 10 update

• Sonus Sonus
    ✭✭  /  edited May 23

Android 10 not support camera 2 API

• treble treble
    ✭✭  / 

Just full of promises when chat with them, I was expecting to fix this with May Security Update, but nothing. RIP Sirocco !

• spikon spikon
    ✭✭  / 

+1

• Sonus Sonus
    ✭✭  / 

Gcam problem Nokia 8 Sirocco after Android 10 update

• Edwin Jay Edwin Jay
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia devs when are you spending time on this bug? It broke my whole setup and all my non native camera apps. Please fix urgently, I don't want to move to another phone brand

• MacGyver1985 MacGyver1985
    ✭✭  / 

Contact them with your "my phone" app on your phone. I doubt they know this forum exists..

✭✭  / 

Just contacted support, again... They are aware of the problems with RAW and the a2dp offload. Told me to wait for the coming update. Hopefully, if everyone will contact them, the coming update will fix everything and we will have a perfect phone again

• pandronic pandronic
    ✭✭  / 

Big upvote. My phone is half as useful after the Android 10 update. No GCam and no call recording. I'm really disappointed in Nokia.

• Edwin Jay Edwin Jay
    ✭✭  / 

It doesn't sound like they will be fixing the issue. I was waiting for the Nokia 9.3 but since they broke my camera setup and seems to be fine doing that, I am forced to upgrade now to Samsung. Their inability to listen to their community is becoming their biggest enemy. Seriously Nokia

✭✭  / 

Nope, always the same story, how to reset your phone, WiFi or bluetooth. The problem is: support for RAW was just a undocumented extra instead of a function on the Sirocco. I think they don't even know the phone had it and what it does.. I think we will never get it back unless we downgrade to 9

• Oscar GT Oscar GT
    ✭✭  / 

+1

• Ameeya Ameeya
    ✭✭  / 

Still no RAW support in Nokia 8 Sirocco nor any bug fixes. Not even an official method to rollback to previous version. Well, It's time to ditch Nokia and move to other smartphone brands. RIP Sirocco!

✭✭  / 

All we can do is hope someone finds an easy way to unlock te bootloader, then someone needs to create a cfw with RAW unlocked and voila! I'm just a teacher on a primary school.. I really don't know how to do it. Let's hope someone does..

• trckojr trckojr
    ✭✭  / 

Had a chat with them few days ago. As mentioned above, it's the same story. They don't even understand what we want. They just say wait for the next update, it will be fixes, as if. I asked them to pass this forum thread and our chat to the devs, but I doubt they will do it...

✭✭  / 

I think, the Sirocco is EOL. Just the security updates and nothing more. I don't expect they will ever fix this. Sad tho, this phone is a One of a kind