Telecamera at least 3x optic, optically stabilized zoom and AMOLED-display would be perfect

I'm quite disappointed, that this forhcoming Nokia 8.3 don't have any telecamera (at least with 3x optical zoon, optically stabilized) and while not AMOLED-display (because IPS LCD diplays don't stand Scandinavian frost weather ouside so well and while AMOLED-dislplays are better readable with true black).

Telecamera at least 3x optic, optically stabilized zoom and AMOLED-display would be perfect

KuKo KuKo
✭✭✭  / 

I'm quite disappointed, that this forhcoming Nokia 8.3 don't have any telecamera (at least with 3x optical zoon, optically stabilized) and while not AMOLED-display (because IPS LCD diplays don't stand Scandinavian frost weather ouside so well and while AMOLED-dislplays are better readable with true black).

Quite many competitors have those. I would pay a little extra for Nokia, if it also would have those.

Comments

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Give me an IPS display any day of the week, the constant keeping the brightness down on an OLED panel to avoid burn in absolutely kack.

TBH once you have calibrated an OLED display to get rid of the stupid amounts of saturation that they are usual set at and made it look more natural it is hard to tell the difference between it and an IPS one anyway.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

My comments werent meant to kill the thread dead BTW, i was only giving my own personal feelings on it, it doesn't mean i was right (or wrong).

• KuKo KuKo
    ✭✭✭  / 

Maybe you did, because HMD Global seems to have completely hidden the "rumored" Nokia 8.3 5G from publicity and especially from social media 😀

They have talked a little just about some other model, but just with unclear "rumors" also. Looks like HMD means "Hide My Device" nowadays.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi all,

I know that we've debated OLED vs IPS a lot in the past, sometimes quite passionately! So, I don't want to stoke those flames again, but I'll just say that I too am disappointed not to have OLED screens on more Nokia phones than just the flagships. It was always a big disappointment to me that the 8 didn't have an OLED display; I missed the real black, and the glance screen just isn't the same at night when the digits etc are surrounded by the screen glow - I miss my 925 and N8 a lot in that respect.

I've never had screen burn on an OLED screen, except on a secondhand phone I bought once. Maybe it's because I normally have the brightness low anyway.

I also never found a problem with oversaturated colours, but again maybe that's because I always had a Nokia phone, well-specced, and they avoided the "shouty" OLED approach, always prefering natural tones.

I presume that HMD don't use OLED on any phones except the flagships for two reasons:

1. Cost - screens of sufficient quality cost too much
    2. Quality - screens that are cheap enough aren't good enough quality.

Still, I think for a €600 phone it would be reasonable to hope for OLED.

Personally, I am surprised that artificial (not organic) micro LED screens aren't available in sufficient quantities yet, because that will turn the smartphone display world on its head.

Cheers 🙂