Feeling cheated

We got our hand on Nokia 6.1 in April,2018 in India. That too cost 17000 for 3gb, 32gb variant..

Feeling cheated

user1522991117084 user1522991117084
 /  edited September 3
We got our hand on Nokia 6.1 in April,2018 in India. That too cost 17000 for 3gb, 32gb variant.. Now after 5 month nokia launched nokia 6.1 plus aka x6 just for 15999 for 4 gb, 64 gb variant also it have better soc and dual rear camera.... It's totally injustice for nokia 6.1 user.. they should give a fair upgrade option for nokia 6.1 user.

Comments

• Pandiaraj Pandiaraj
     /  edited August 22

Yes, I too was seeing this coming, especially after the recent reduction of the Nokia 6.1 price by Rs 1500. When I bought the Nokia 6.1, I did not find any other suitable Android One phone and chose Nokia 6.1 though the price was higher than what I would have liked. Nokia now has an whole array of Android One phones, hence its entire Android One product line would start seeing a reduction of prices because of competition. So the new users would start enjoying reduced prices and the old users would have paid higher prices.

What is the purpose of fair upgrade option? I do not want to spend any more money to buy any upgraded Nokia phone. I will live with the Nokia 6.1 for 2 years or more as long as I continue to get software upgrades. I will start exploring for a new phone only when I have exhausted the life of this phone.

• wyk wyk
    ✭✭  / 

Tweeted this almost 5 months ago to @nokiamobile when they released this for China as many tech geeks told it would also be available for rest world. But they replied its for china only. All are cheap business policies. Just bring new sets with new features & forget the past ones. This phone rat race is never ending unless we can upgrade hardwares like desktop. Its going sicker by day to invest on high end phones.

• user1528984395499 user1528984395499
     /  edited August 22
    Nokia is doing very wrong .I bought my nokia 6.1 last month and feeling very sad and the company had brought a better phone with less price than Nokia 6.1
    I believe the company wont give faster updates from now as they have got a new model.. 
  • user1534858204077 user1534858204077
     /  edited September 3
    I too feels very cheated on buying nokia 6.1.I have bought it just 2 months before by paying 19000 and still use a poor quality camera, poor processor in comparison to nokia 6.1 plus and it lags in every aspect as comparison to nokia 6.1 plus whether it is a quality point of view of price point of view. So, nokia doesn't cares for their older customers they are only busy in a competition wars.
  • tagore m tagore m
     / 
    I lost the trust on Nokia
  • user1528984395499 user1528984395499
     /  edited August 22
    Guys i found out that we are more better than nokia 6.1 plus because we are having zeiss optics which makes are camera best and that's why we are having awesome support on any google camera port and so our price of the mobile more and thats why nokia 6.1 plus is cheap because of the lack of zeiss optics
  • tagore m tagore m
     /  edited August 22
    But Google camera is not officially supports to Nokia 6.1, its supports for Nokia 7plus !
  • Even Google camera app port does not work properly in nokia 6.1.. always crashes... Impossible to take photo with rear camera using it
  • Google camera port doesn't crash in my nokia 6.1
    I use arnova 8.2 an bsg google camera port and also use moment camera
    This is my main photography device
  • Can you post the link please?
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have it Nokia 6.1 4GB/64GB Guys look difference between Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1Plus. Missing Features in Nokia 6.1 Plus NFC,Hall Sensor,Aluminium 8000 Series,Nokia OZO,Carl Zeiss Lens That's why we paid more money than Nokia 6.1 Plus.But As you Know When Nokia 6.1 Launched at that time we get 10%Cashback On ICICI Credit Card. 10% i.e.1699/-On 16999/-Actual Price 15300 10% i.e.1899/-On 18999/- Actual Price 17100 I haven't it ICICI Credit Card But I have share 1899 cashback with one friend so i got good deal. So Don't think On Price Of Nokia 6.1 Now Nokia 6.1Plus doesn't came with any cashback offer (except flipkart given).
  • Tom88 Tom88
     / 
    Nokia 6.1 plus has many features missing;
  • kishore kishore
    ✭✭  /  edited September 3
    The 6.1 plus has lot more features than the 6.1 tbh. It has a better SoC, better GPU, better battery, taller screen and a dual camera set up.
    The ZEISS lens we get on the 6.1 doesn't fair any better than the 6.1 plus or the least enough to match the price difference.
    The only thing the 6.1 plus users will be missing is an aluminium body which heats the **** up when you fast charge but gives you the confidence to drop your phone wherever you like, they're getting a glass back body which doesn't heat up and can be easily protected by a case.
    The 6.1 plus will in no doubt take priority to push updates as well like the 7 plus as well.
    All we can do is feel cheated.
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭  /  edited August 27
    @user1522991117084
    Here's the link to the version I am using, doesn't crash and HDR+ processing is also fast
    I enabled some extra few developper options which I forgot so I'm mentioning them all here

camera.use_photos
    camera.diet_burst
    camcorder.fastswitch
    camera:gcam_enabled
    cameraprogress_overlay
    camera.enable_hwhdr
    camera.enable_micro
    camera.enable_vesper
    camera.gouda.front
    camera.gouda_debug_img
    camera.gouda_sec_img
    camera.p3
    camera.raisr
    *GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V7-Final.apk*
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1STKBAdfbz
    Ko6YsFk5iGy1HawQ-CM-F0Z/view?usp=drivesdk
  • d-mi d-mi
    ✭✭  / 
    And google camera does not officially support to any Nokia phones. All Nokia phones comes with Nokia Camera. Which is recently updated with google lense and AI sticker integration unfortunately the update was pulled out from 6.1 because some bugs. But I doubt if the image processing has got any better I tried the updated apk from apkmirror and it has some bugs photos won't process on automode and low light conditions as well and on pro mode it does but still sometimes it won't and I didn't find any major change to the image quality overall, still takes washed out blurry pictures if you get a little shakey. Google camera does the job better.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Kishore Nokia 6.1Plus has Missing Features i.e.NFC,Hall Sensor,Aluminium 8000 Series,Nokia OZO,Carl Zeiss Lens.Battery Difference is only 60mAh.Snapdragon 636 is better optimization for battery and performance but its 1.8Ghz and We have Snapdragon 630 2.2Ghz.We got higher clock speed for playing games,etc.One More thing Nokia 6.1Plus doesn't come with any bank cashback offer except flipkart (its own).So If we deducted our icici cashback on Nokia 6.1 then 32GB is 15300 and 64GB is 17100.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    D-Mi Thanks so much for google apk information.
    googlecamera-pixel2mod-arnova8g2-v7-final.apk
    is very good as compared to old one.Its having portrait features very good.Lens Blur not working but we got portrait mode very useful and google motion is fantastic.Try Everyone This Google Apk Very nice.I am fall in love.
  • Link to update the Google camera ports and download Also
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/
  • Apoorv Apoorv
     / 
    I bought Nokia 6.1 few days back for Rs 17,000 and now you are launching Nokia X6 with more specifications and less price.
    I deeply felt cheated by your company ,I trust you the time ,no-one trusted and now you're playing the cheap game with your regular customers.
    Everybody told me not to buy Nokia phones,I still bought that **** now everyone is making fun of me and that's only because of you.

This thing deeply hurts me I think I made the wrong mistake and you made me realised this at the right time. I should have gone for Asus.

Thank you for betrayal
    ✭✭✭  / 
    user1535924026731 try googlecamera-pixel2mod-arnova8g2-v7-final.apk is very good .Its having portrait,google lens features very good.Lens Blur not working but we got portrait mode very useful and google motion is fantastic.Try Everyone This Google Apk Very nice.You are getting very good hardware i.e Snapdragon 630 chipset,Carl Zeiss Lens.
  • Tom88 Tom88
     / 
    This is a peer to peer network I dont think nokia would be reading this
  • Fast charge doesn't beat the phone much for me. That said, I've only ever used a Blitzwolf charger that has all the fast charge for support on it (and it does fast charge). Maybe the microprocessor in it does a better job at controlling this than the included charger?
  • I meant heat the phone. The model of the charger is Blitzwolf bw-s9 which comes in different plug versions for different areas, full QC 3.0 support, backwards compatible, and also supports Huawei FCP, Samsung AFC, and Apple BC1.2. Means I can use one charger for most devices.

I also use Acali roundmagnetic cables that comes with USB 3.0, micro USB, and Lightning nibs. You leave the nib in, and just snap on the cable. No plugging/unplugging, same cable for all devices (I have spares). No worries with finding the right charger or cable, it serves all devices with their proper support!
  • kishore kishore
    ✭✭  / 
    The fast charger does nothing much but heat the device, it takes the usual 40-45 minutes to go from 0% to 50% as seen in other devices and not 30 minutes as advertised. Honestly, no exaggeration, if the phone was waterproof you could drop it in a bucket of water to get some good warm water.
    The built is not all that good either, after a single drop from my chair, the phone now has a huge dent on it completely destroying the "premium" feel and look of the phone.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Kishore please make sure your device GPS and Data/Wifi Network is Off.If you both keep on Off then your device charge 50%in 30 Minutes.