[Moved] Nokia 2.3 freezing and unresponsive to touches

I got my Nokia 2.3 on January but enjoyed it for few months as the frequent freezing disrupts my dealings with it.

[Moved] Nokia 2.3 freezing and unresponsive to touches

Smitho Smitho
✭✭  /  edited May 20

I got my Nokia 2.3 on January but enjoyed it for few months as the frequent freezing disrupts my dealings with it.

I could temporarily solve the issue by powering off/on the screen but sometimes it doesn't solve it. I no longer enjoy games with the continuous freezing.

I've upgraded to Android 10 hoping to get a solution but no changes were made. Rather, some android 10 features seemed like a downgrade; I can no longer slide over apps with the menue botton (—), rather it's now an app per slide.

Another thing is that my data connection signal goes off and on always.

I don't mind having the aforementioned issues except the issues of frequent freezing and unresponsive to touches.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kipsent Visualz Kipsent Visualz
    ✭✭  / 

I am also facing the same issue

And also I get a problem of unclear images and videos downloaded or viewed online for example when viewing from Twitter, Facebook and other platforms.

WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM??

Please help me @Nokia2.3 @NokiaPhones

• Anuradha Sanjaya Anuradha Sanjaya
    ✭✭  / 

You can easily set the navigation keys as before by doing

1. Open "Settings" app

2. Scroll down and click "System"

3. Click "Gestures"

4. Click "System Navigation"

5. Choose "2-button navigation"

That's all, but actually I think "Gesture Navigation" is more easier. That's the way on Android 10.

• Smitho Smitho
    ✭✭  / 

It's already in "2-button navigation"

• Ken H Ken H
    ✭✭  / 

I've had my 2.3 for a month and it constantly freezes, doesn't move between apps and today I had to do a hard reset. I'm so disappointed 😔

• Smitho Smitho
    ✭✭  / 

Mine is frequently unresponsive to touches. Have to lock and unlock my phone always.

How did you reset it?

Is it the same with factory reset?

• Love1234463747 Love1234463747
    ✭✭  / 

Same here touch gets unresponsive and freeezes

• eldiomedes eldiomedes
    ✭✭  / 

Aside from hardware issues and software glitches, when it comes to Nokia 2.3, it runs a measly quad core A-53 Mediatek SoC with just 2 GB RAM. And the a bare minimum to run apps and to enjoy somewhat a smartphone experience in 2020, is to have at least 3GB of RAM and at least a Octa Core SoC with minimum Cortex A-53 cores, although Cortex A-55s replacing them now.

Keep that in mind while installing Apps, try and use Lite versions of all apps, keep as much storage free as you can, as you can't keep anything free from 2GB RAM these days. Gestures won't be as smooth as a mid range device as well with these specs so just use navigation buttons. You could tweak the animation timings or turn them off completely from developer options, could help a bit. The phone may look beautiful with a nice display (Yes, the only redeeming quality of the phone is the display panel) but it's the worst phone out there spec wise in the price range.

Buying this phone with the current price is madness (*cough* Realme C3 *cough*) ..but I still have it, because it's the cheapest phone with Vanilla android and there's no bloat. But of course, when I bought it, Nokia was still decent and fast with updates, well, then covid happened, now sitting at march security patch and May is ending. My 2 cents ? If you're able, and have little cash on hand, sell this phone asap while there's still warranty, and get a smilar priced device which is at least with 3 GB of memory and with an Octa Core SoC.

• Ken H Ken H
    ✭✭  / 

So does anyone at Nokia even bother reading any of this...

I've tried to send email to them but there always seems to be "a problem" when sending it..

I wish I'd never bought this piece of crap, $200 down the drain

• Smitho Smitho
    ✭✭  / 

I just did another factory reset for the 2nd time but nothing has changed.

Just have to be locking/unlocking my phone every 20 secs to continue using my phone.

This phone is really frustrating me!

Getting another Nokia phone again is a NO for me