New camera update

What can you say about the new camera update? I stop my update midway base on reviews on Playstore.

New camera update

What can you say about the new camera update? I stop my update midway base on reviews on Playstore. I mainly use Google Camera for taking photos and default camera for videos. We're making a movie using my Nokia 6.1(TA-1043) but I don't want to find out that video recording got bugged in the new update.
Rate the new update

Comments

• nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭  / 
    i didn't get it for my nokia 6.1 4GB/64GB.
  • shayden m shayden m
     / 
    Is there a new update for the Nokia 6.1 camera? what does it all say it has fixed ?What do the reviews say ?
  • They disable the update base on bad reviews. Here's the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hmdglobal.camera2&hl=en_US
  • user1522937001256 user1522937001256
     /  edited August 28
    Quality is massively improved. It doesn't lag everytime I open like it previously used to. I'm guessing it'll also need a camera firmware update via OTA which I presume would come with Pie since the API has been modified for Pie.

However, sometimes, a notification appears after you click saying "Processing" for some photos (low light usually or high ISO to be more specific). And it just stays there. You can't access the photo too. And if you force close the camera app, the image is corrupted.

But, good to see Nokia finally addressing the issue.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have Nokia 6.1 4GB/64GB TA-1089.I still not get any update for my camera.Not In Play Store Or Any OTA.
  • Callegrafi Callegrafi
     / 
    No update for my TA-1043.. Checked play store and the update in system preferences 樂
  • I got the update on my Nokia 6.1 today . But after the update It's image processing time has increased too much , it should be fixed.
  • Tom88 Tom88
     / 
    Waiting eagerly hope camera quality is improved :(
  • Guys, they seem to have pulled the update from Play Store due to the bug (or it was never meant to be released in the first place)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/y9WV5ZCCRSbfxW1s6
  • Muctadir Muctadir
     / 

Apparently, the update was only live for a few hours. I updated my TA-1043 from play store. The update was about 250MB. Couples hours later, I could not find the app on play store. Not even in my last updated list. So, I logged in to the play store on my laptop and there it shows that I do not have any compatible device. Here is the link to the app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hmdglobal.camera2

• Recently my camera got fixed. It is no longer freezing and it saves photos properly. I use the stock app and I do not see it in Google Play but maybe it was updated with latest security update? I have 8.0260.80 version.
  • Mine is fixed too.  Camera app is 8.0260.80 (no update); got the August security update and that fixed it.  I wonder if not all versions of 6.1 are getting the security updates - I'm not getting any notification for a camera app update at all but it's working already for me.

• appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    They pulled out the new updated camera app from play store, because of some bugs, now you can use old one by uninstalling the camera updates
  • @Appu Mali, the update had massively improved image quality. Photos looked pleasing for the first time and dynamic range had drastically improved.

However, they hadn't sorted all the stuff hence, got pulled.
  • It still have the crash.
    When we take a pic ,it continues on processing....
    It goes only when I stop the camera app.
    Pro mode is useless.
    There is heating problem with the new app. Am.using google camera for my uses. Cam is good, but the application is a waste..
  • @user1534949977645 the issue is actually in the imaging firmware it seems. I have noticed the stutter even in Google Camera.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Try Google Camera apk for good Portrait and Google Motion Features.
    googlecamera-pixel2mod-arnova8g2-v7-final.apk
    is very good as compared to old one.Its having portrait features very good.Lens Blur not working but we got portrait mode very useful and google motion is fantastic.Try Everyone This Google Apk Very nice.I am fall in love.
  • user1522937001256 user1522937001256
     /  edited August 27
    @Nitin Kachare, I've been using Google Camera for well over two months now. And I'm on the version you specified. As much as I love it, it's not perfect. It never gets the colour temperature right.

The recent camera update fixed a lot of issues that I had with the stock cam. And the images have come really really close to Google Camera. However, there are a few bugs which hopefully will be fixed soon..
    ✭✭✭  / 
    user1522937001256 which google apk is using right now. I am using Google Camera Apk Version "5.1.018.177624777.7.Final".
  • I am on 5.1.018.177624777.V8 and I've used the version you mentioned above us all. Both of them have had the same issue.
  • gertsy gertsy
     / 
    The general consensus is that the Camera lag / freeze problem wasn't with the Camera App but with the phone. For my 6.1 in Australia it was fixed after the 1 August security update was installed.