ANDROID 9 PIE OFFICIALLY COMING TO NOKIA 7 PLUS IN SEPTEMBER

HMD’s CPO today announced that Nokia 7 plus will be the first Nokia phone to receive Android Pie, with the official rollout scheduled for September.

ANDROID 9 PIE OFFICIALLY COMING TO NOKIA 7 PLUS IN SEPTEMBER

Ahmad Ahmad
 /  edited October 17

HMD’s CPO today announced that Nokia 7 plus will be the first Nokia phone to receive Android Pie, with the official rollout scheduled for September.

http://nokiamob.net/2018/08/21/android-pie-officially-coming-to-nokia-7-plus-in-september/

Comments

• pappu pappu
     / 
    Which date update Android P
  • steve_2779 steve_2779
     / 
    When will the Android 9 coming?? Eagerly waiting for the stable update...
  • ron2010 ron2010
     /  edited September 13
    I expect the official rollout somewhere in september. I think between 10 - 20 september with september patch
  • Paras Paras
     /  edited September 13
    Ya same waiting for the update from the day android 9 releases.
  • pappu pappu
     / 
    Thanks
  • I am waiting for the Pie update. Hope Nokia releases soon.
  • @Laura What is the status? When will Pie be released?
  •  Will those who are cuurently running Android Pie Developer Preview get the update at the same time?

• soumojitdas65 soumojitdas65
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes or may be earlier i think.
  • omissis omissis
     /  edited September 4

I'd choose more testing instead, if there are still known issue it's better they iron them off instead of releasing buggy versions.

Remember, we have no flashing tools if something goes wrong and core system files crash.

Until, hopefully, they will release a public flashing tool.

M

• schetz schetz
     /  edited September 3

@omissis agreed on both accounts.

To be honest, I was a bit surprised not to find any "repair" or similar, official tool from Nokia around.

Generally speaking, I think tools like that are essential to have.

It potentially saves time both to OEM and to users. Users could troubleshoot easier using a tool like that, which would in the end benefit Nokia as well.

• I heard a news about Android 9. Again the Android 9 Beta version was released. They told to get these through OTA. But they posted that the Stable version of Android 9 was ahead. When will the stable version come?
  • Still waiting
  • Best estimate is by end of next week. 

• chandra chandra
     / 
    Hello All,

Any update on the date when will be getting the Android 9 to Nokia 7 plus devices?
  • chandra chandra
     / 
    Let's wait for end of this week... Eagerly waiting for Android Pie Update...!! 
  • I think android pie update will come in the next month as they already rolled out their September update quota of android pie dp4 (stable version) with September security patch.
    ✭✭  /  edited September 18
    It will come by the end of this month or week as the developer portal had been cloeed and only manual rollback is possible now. About the monthly SP, there can be 2 SP updates once in a month as in case of both july and august.
  • I've heard that Android 9 Pie with September patch is launching in September but I won't hold my breath as I only received August's patch on September 15th.
  • I received the september patch on android 9 before the 10th of this month. I think it's carrier and location dependent. So that's why you recieved it very late..
  • Just an email saying thank you to beta testers and that the developer preview is finished with full release imminent.
  • chattambulo chattambulo
     /  edited September 21

Exactly: "Many thanks for being part of our very first Nokia phones Android™ 9 Pie developer preview program. With your valuable feedback, the release will soon be ready and available to millions of users."

✭✭  /  edited September 24
    When will we get the update ? September is nearly gonr and OnePlus not being Android One receives the update before than us. They tweak their software accounding to user which takes up alot of time but they got the update before us. Whereas Nokia phones running stock android without any tweaks or external apps is taking days to launch. Very much dissapointed in the developers team of Nokia.
  • user1524526602789 user1524526602789
     /  edited September 25
    Yes @soumojitdas65 is correct in pointing this out. Given that OnePlus has OxygenOS and still they get Pie before us is dissapointing. Nokia's Android is stock. Maybe a little too stock. Even Pixel has some basic stuff that we don't. Still the developer previews were a mess. And it is taking longer than OnePlus for us to get Pie.

I think HMD needs to up its developer game. They need more people from what it seems.
  • chandra chandra
     / 
    Is it still worth to wait to receive Android Pie in September as mentioned in the Topic??
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 24
    OnePlus is doing the right thing ... they are launching two flagships devices per year or one ...& Thus focusing on software development; but those companies who intend to launch more devices ...like Nokia already have launched a lot & also scheduled this year... naturally focus differs. Like apple .. Google OP is doing right thing with customers but HMD is just cheating in name of Nokia with us. They are gonna launch 7.1 plus ..like moto, xiaomi nokia have started to mess the market & trustworthiness.
  • From beginning itself there is no any official news regarding the Android 9 Pie. Today I chatted with Nokia support. They told me that there was no any official news regarding Android 9 Pie Stable update. Even the Nokia supporters don't know anything about this
    Nokia 7 plus was outbog my budget but still I convinced my parents to buy me one just because of the regular and timely updates of being am Android One. But it is so much dissapointing. Will not recommend to anyone. Google had made the Software, Nokia will just have to deliver it by tweaking it a according to their devices, but the whatvthe **** they are doing with so much delay. I wonder if they are about to give something big from that or just releases another delayed update without any much improvements.
    @Chandra, it is not the worth of waiting we are talking about. It's their responsibility and duties we are mentioning. And we are waiting just beacuse we are running on unstable version to get the next update and now we can't even rollback to official market release.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 23
    As I stated they have focused on devices marketing...as a result we are going to see lot more devices & surely it will leave update behind; with time the scenario will be worse. Moderators & technical team way inactive in this forum...full of disappointment.