Big news? Former OnePlus marketing executive is joining HMD Global

(Link) What we know so far: Adam Ferguson was OnePlus' former Head of Marketing for Europe He held marketing positions in both Unilever and Nestle.

Big news? Former OnePlus marketing executive is joining HMD Global

SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
✭✭✭  /  edited May 20

What we know so far:

• Adam Ferguson was OnePlus' former Head of Marketing for Europe
  • He held marketing positions in both Unilever and Nestle.
  • He was the Head of Marketing for Tablets and Mobile Wi-Fi in EE from 2015 to 2018
  • He will join HMD as the Head of Product Marketing, directly reporting to Stephen Taylor (Chief Marketing Officer/former Samsung executive which HMD hired last month)

Seems like HMD has been poaching execs from top companies lately. Hopefully it goes well for them, because their smartphone sales in the past few months can be summed up in one gif:

Tagged:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited May 21

I hope that these new people can divert them from what HMD have been doing since years. There will be a certain clash of interests internally. And I'm sure some people will also leave when a change of vision takes place.

• SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
    ✭✭✭  / 

I can already imagine him squabbling with Juho's Pure, Secure, Uptodate nonsense lol

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  /  edited July 24

Hi all,

Adam: Hi Juho, there's something I'm not clear about which I hope you can help me understand: what exactly is the USP of these new Nokia phones except for the brand?

Juho: Pure: We make sure all our phones have as little character in the software as possible, we make them bland and beige so that they are easy to update - which is the third point (Up to date). Secure is the second point, even though it is actually the third one I told you, because we like to make sure our numbering schemes are as confusing as possible.

Adam: Hmm, so there isn't actually a tangible differentiator that people can see and feel then?

Juho: Yes there's our pure Nordic design, led by our lead designer in London and built by our partners in China.

Adam: Oh good, for a moment I was worried that these Nokia phones were just another bunch of Shenzhen-generics with a glossy coat of paint... ah, oh, now I see. How long is my notice period?

Cheers 😉

• SirFaceFone SirFaceFone
    ✭✭✭  / 

Oh wow, I completely forgot about this.

I'm still waiting for that "new" and "exciting" marketing strategy...

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Adam joined HMD Global

Adam is looking for something new to use for marketing.

Looking.. I found nothing unique in the hardware side to pitch to the consumers

Still looking... Hey, I'm trying to find something in the software instead. Software is the differentiating factor.

Hold on... I'm trying hard

New phone launches

Adam: From Finland with Nordic design and Pure, Secure & up to date Android

Adam left HMD Global

Florian and team: It keeps getting better