Request for Bootloader Unlock for Nokia 6.1(2018)

Hello Team Nokia, This is a request for providing the official bootloader unlock for Nokia 6.1(2018).

Request for Bootloader Unlock for Nokia 6.1(2018)

gaurab banerji gaurab banerji
✭✭  /  edited May 25

Hello Team Nokia,

This is a request for providing the official bootloader unlock for Nokia 6.1(2018). Since the Android 10 update came in the phone a lot of issues have surfaced which I did not have to face in the Android 9. The issue like crackling audio during gameplay and whatsapp audio playback has been there for many months, but till now there is no fix for this from Nokia. We have only received security patches which are not meant to fix the issues with the device. The issue seems to be related to incompatible system audio drivers in android 10. Since a fix for the sound has not been provided for this please provide the ability to unlock the bootloader and provide an official tool to downgrade the software from android 10 to android 9. Unlocking will give us the ability to install custom roms into the device which we hope will fix the audio issues we are facing.

As of now only Nokia 8 is known to support official bootloader unlock. Please also add Nokia 6.1 official bootloader unlock.

Thanks,

A Nokia Customer.

Comments

• user123 user123
    ✭✭✭  / 

@gaurab banerji

HMD will become dumb when they see the word BOOTLOADER UNLOCK,

Only possibility is we have to buy other brand device which provide bootloader unlock .

While HMD is not ready to provide a Recovery tool, how can we expect them to provide bootloader unlock.

Currently I am using Nokia 6 and it may be my last Nokia phone because I am not ready to invest for phone every 3 years.