Google calendar and contacts sync does not work

Anyone else? Google calendar and contacts will not connect to the google api server.

Google calendar and contacts sync does not work

Nokuiera Nokuiera
✭✭  / 

Anyone else?

Google calendar and contacts will not connect to the google api server.

I tried disabling 2 factor authentication and secure apps on my google account.

Reported a bug to KaiOS and after 6 months they got back to me to say that this was Nokia's issue to fix. Real professional.

Will there be a patch to fix this anytime soon?

Comments

• akaflip akaflip
    ✭✭  / 

Hi, I also have this issue and I got the same answer from KaiOS support.

For me contacts sync worked for some time and then stopped working suddenly. After re-connecting with Google it worked again.

The Calendar sync however did never work.

I have reset the phone and use it without Google Sync now.

• roflcopter roflcopter
    ✭✭  / 

I also have this issue, 2720 4G

Added Gmail account fine, email send/receive is fine.

Calendar has never synced, just says scynchronising and stuck spinning.

Initially contacts seemed ok as my existing contacts populated, however seems just syncs existing contacts and fails with error when try to sync manually "Failed to sync. There was a problem accessing your account"

I have allowed less secure apps at account level, reset phone, add/remove, manually added account, held down and power for 10 seconds, force checked for updates but no change.

KaiOS suggested a v22 firmware but is unclear if that addresses these issues and have stalled with KaiOS and Nokia support at this stage. Disappointing.

• Nokuiera Nokuiera
    ✭✭  / 

V22 does not fix this issue. KaiOS is a joke.

• roflcopter roflcopter
    ✭✭  / 

v22 firmware updated last night, removed and added Google account, calendar still does not update.

Were no release notes so unsure what this version addressed.

• Nokuiera Nokuiera
    ✭✭  / 

There's a fix. Go to Google Calendar on a computer and change the name of your calendar to your e-mail adress. Now it works. Great programming from KaiOS as usual.

• roflcopter roflcopter
    ✭✭  / 

Tried that and it does provide a workaround - the events are now downloading.

I did notice when I had my calendar as a unique name previously, that would not download events, however if I created on phone and selected that unique name calendar, would sync back to calendar on pc etc.

Still not really a fix.

• Alexandre Joseph Alexandre Joseph
    ✭✭  / 

Hi guys, I have the same issue on my 2720 and 800.

The issue with google account on KaiOS comes from google side.

When you are signing in, there is a token valid for some time, next it expires.

The KaiOS do not have the possibility to renew the token, and our account sync is finally failing.

I have the same issue on my linux computer with evolution email client.

The only solution I found is to "sign out" & "sign in" again to kaiOS (hopefully only one button to click when signing in again)

• Alexandre Joseph Alexandre Joseph
    ✭✭  / 

Hi guys,

I opened a ticket at KaiOS for contact sync issue :

Google sync of contacts stop working some days after account configuration #18006

Created on Sat, 20 Jun at 10:35 PM