Nokia Chromebook

I really love the way Nokia has forayed into the realm of televisions, Wifi and phones. Would really love to see them come out with a chromebook.

Nokia Chromebook

arjunreddiar arjunreddiar
✭✭  / 

I really love the way Nokia has forayed into the realm of televisions, Wifi and phones. Would really love to see them come out with a chromebook. Would be the first one to buy it. 😎

Comments

• Alexandre Joseph Alexandre Joseph
    ✭✭  / 

Totally agree !

New product, new challenge, new market, new customers, new technology !

• smh77 smh77
    ✭✭  / 

Are we talking Nokia Corporation here, or HMD Nokia? I wasn't aware Nokia Technologies were manufacturing TV's now. Brave move if it is the case. A lot of the Japanese and South Korean conglomerates with decades of R & D and proprietary technology make borderline profits. And in some cases other divisions offset their TV losses.

Unless its just a licensing spinoff for HMD Nokia. Which would continue a legacy of sorts. Does HMD Global have any licensing agreements from Nokia Corporation that include chromebooks and tablets? It could potentially be a money earner as HMD Global is backed by FIH Mobile (China), a subsidiary of Foxconn (Taiwan), so lots of potential to mass produce cheap generic tablets. And any tablet needs to be good value to squeeze into the gap between the Amazon Fire range and the more upmarket ipad. Chromebooks seem like a non starter for HMD Nokia as most of the big computer names have good value well regarded offerings.

• hikari calyx hikari calyx
    ✭✭✭  / 

Do you know that Nokia used to have their own laptop, known as Nokia Booklet 3G?

The hardware specs is poor nowadays.

• hikari calyx hikari calyx
    ✭✭✭  / 

And, wouldn't you afraid that Nokia Chromebook would use non-x86 processors?

At least I avoided using Chromebooks/Chromeboxes with ARM processor.

• smh77 smh77
    ✭✭  / 

Yeah. They were very diverse. Still are to an extent. With their VR, Health, Networking, Patents, Technology Licensing, etc. It was wrong not to hedge their bets with an early Android range. But that's the benefit of hindsight. Bill Gates said no to the internet after all. Lol. They sold their mobile division to Microsoft at the right time. Made a packet on that deal. Then made the right move in licensing to HMD Global.

As to the debate on Intel vs ARM processors. Never really got into it. Does it really make a difference with a Chromebook. My last laptop was a Macbook Air many years ago. If I went for Chromebook now the overall package would be more important to me. Their ranges both have enough performance and power efficiency for what Chromebooks are really designed for. And for my needs there is very little you can do on a Chromebook that I can't do on my mid range Galaxy A71 smartphone.