Screen burns

I guess it is only me but I'm seeing some very frequent screen burns after the android 10 updates.

Screen burns

Nouman019 Nouman019
✭✭  / 

I guess it is only me but I'm seeing some very frequent screen burns after the android 10 updates.

Every screen after 10-12 starts to leave burns on the display which take almost 5 minutes to disappear completely.

Anyone else getting in this problem? And how to solve this?

Comments

• Dibyendu Karmakar Dibyendu Karmakar
    ✭✭  / 

Mine is working completely fine!

• Weller05 Weller05
    ✭✭  / 

Did you get the issue solved ? I also faced a similar incident.

• Nouman019 Nouman019
    ✭✭  / 

• Nouman019 Nouman019
    ✭✭  / 

Phew. Atleast someone else is also facing the same.

Nope, the issue isn't solved. Tried all hacks I could do but there are evident screen burns with 10 minutwhich were 0% on Android 9. Plus I'm also having issues with adaptive brightness. Once I get in Sun, the contrast of the display goes mad. And won't normalize after coming indoors. I've to reset the adaptive brightness every single time. Too much annoying.

• dylly dylly
    ✭✭  /  edited July 8

I'm also experiencing the issue where contrast goes crazy. I believe you're correct about how it's triggered: Adaptive Brightness and huge light intake from the sensor permanently changes the contrast and drains battery like mad until the phone is reset. Doesn't matter if PureDisplay is on or off. I've been experiencing that starting with the stock OS is came with (Android 9). Honestly this problem is making me hate the whole Nokia experience. I consider it a huge drawback.

As for the screen burning, I have yet to experience that. I'd feel even worse about my whole Nokia experience if I were in your shoes. Definitely try factory resetting. I did and it did not help me but you're dealing with two major flaws. If all else fails, maybe talk to a rep and try getting a replacement.

• user1541529828044 user1541529828044
    ✭✭  / 

I don't know if it's screen burn or not but I've noticed when my phone screen is off and I'm in a fairly bright environment I can see 3 baige lines on my screen, I've tried to see if I can wipe them off or clean them off but I can't

• Nouman019 Nouman019
    ✭✭  / 

These both problems are software related. Hardware is perfectly fine. So they should get solved in the maintenance release of Android 10. Hope they see this and solve it for us soon.

Love Nokia!

• Nouman019 Nouman019
    ✭✭  / 

Right now you can only reset your adaptive brightness option to solve the issue. There is no other workaround.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

Lots of lcd screens Leave a temp ghost image it is not screen burn and is not permanent like with oled screens. It's a product of the screen and software will not change this

• Rovinjack Rovinjack
     / 

I still remember in June i bought a Android device and same problem i faced but with the help of technical staff i get the solution, But really don't know what they done actually.

They give my device back to me after a week when i was in a shoes store and they call me to pick your device but now still i am using the same Android phone and working fine.

• Nouman019 Nouman019
    ✭✭  / 

This time it is 100% a software issue. As I've used this device from about 6 months on Android 9 and haven't experienced any screen ghosting even a single time. And the day I updated to Android 10 I'm facing it every 15 minutes I use my phone.