Update corrupted my phone. I lost everything.

I downloaded and applied the update. At first camera and flashlight weren't working. I restarted it and everything was fine.

Update corrupted my phone. I lost everything.

I downloaded and applied the update. At first camera and flashlight weren't working. I restarted it and everything was fine. Next day I got a notification that update is ready to install. It had already been downloaded automatically, I guess. However, I was busy and dismissed it. After a while, I answered a phone call, and laid it down. When I picked it up, it was into android recovery mode.

Android was corrupted and couldn't boot. Only options were to try again and reset to factory settings. I tried plugging it in, but couldn't access to any of my files. So, I had to reset.

And, you already know, that means that I lost everything. Photos and videos from holidays, friends, memes, birthdays, screenshots, ex-girlfriend... all lost. Progress in single-player games, lost. Music library, lost. Settings, bookmarks, any optimization, lost. Files for my college, again, lost.

Will I get any compensation? No. Will I ever recover these files? No.

Most importantly, will they even admit it was their fault? **** no.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kimble303 Kimble303
    ✭✭  / 

Every single electronic device may malfunction any time. If you want to take care of your invaluable/important data you must always have backups. Always.

• ManLikeCliff ManLikeCliff
    ✭✭✭  / 

I hope he learns to backup those important files he mentioned for a next time had I known 🙂