[Merged] May 2020 Security Patch Installation Failure

I am facing issue in installing the May 2020 security patch on my Nokia 3.1 Plus device. Tried multiple times also. Anyone facing such issue?

[Merged] May 2020 Security Patch Installation Failure

Gautam Vashisht Gautam Vashisht
✭✭  /  edited June 3

I am facing issue in installing the May 2020 security patch on my Nokia 3.1 Plus device. Tried multiple times also. Anyone facing such issue? Any solution for it?

Comments

• The white warrior The white warrior
    ✭✭  /  edited June 1

Same problem

• sene sene
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, I have the same issue.

• 1218 1218
    ✭✭  / 

Same, I don't know if debloating the Evenwell bloatwares caused this or not.

• DoesntLikeBugs DoesntLikeBugs
    ✭✭  / 

I have the same bug. I have not fiddled with my phone whatsoever, so i doubt it is your removal of the 'bloatware'.

I was wondering if perhaps its because the bootloader is unlocked. I wonder this because years and years ago when i was messing with Nokia Lumia phones i remember a similar thing from unlocking a 520-when i boot my 3.1 plus i get a little flag in the bottom left corner of the screen saying "efuse blow: success". It only started doing this flag after i updated to android 10.

This android build is literally the worst operating system iv ever used or seen. Everything is broken. Notifications, text messages deleted, awful battery performance, slow charge times, broken lock screen (thinks pin is incorrect, have to restart) crashing audio, poor headphone management (cuts in and out in every app apart from google music). General performance is terrible now too. It takes a long time to do anything that is even slightly memory intensive. The camera is also worse. How have HMD managed to break the hardware so thoroughly with a software update. Its staggering! I would bet that they didnt test this build on a mediatek chipset, and if they did it is really poor form to release a build of an operating system that you know has so many bugs.

We need to organise some sort of class-action against HMD. I really needed my text messages. Nokia support have been completely useless, just suggesting wiping cached data and resetting the device. I am not going to delete any user data until i have my text messages back!

Needless to say Nokia have lost a lifelong customer. Iv been using your devices since the 3210!

• Gautam Vashisht Gautam Vashisht
    ✭✭  / 

Since few others are also facing the issue, adding @HMDLaura.

• Gautam Vashisht Gautam Vashisht
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, I am also seeing some similar message being displayed on bottom left during phone bootup after upgrading to Android 10.

• Pramod Bobade Pramod Bobade
    ✭✭  / 

I am facing the same problem.

• Uikeym Uikeym
    ✭✭  / 

I am having the same problem

• Uikeym Uikeym
    ✭✭  / 
  • Uikeym Uikeym
    ✭✭  / 

Koi help karega

• AvgJoe AvgJoe
    ✭✭  / 

I was able to install it, but it fixes nothing!

• sreenathvm7@gmail.com [email protected]
    ✭✭  / 

Same problem.. could not update installation problem...

• Md Ali j Md Ali j
    ✭✭  / 

Same here..

Any help

• Roman Semaniw Roman Semaniw
    ✭✭  / 
  • Roman Semaniw Roman Semaniw
    ✭✭  / 
  • Makay Chapulets Makay Chapulets
    ✭✭  / 

I get the efuse blow: success on startup but my bootloader is still not accessible from the developers section.

• Makay Chapulets Makay Chapulets
    ✭✭  / 

Lucky you. Cos I've downloaded it like 20 times and it still fails to install

• R Shreevastav R Shreevastav
    ✭✭  / 

unable to get may security update after android 10 update. It's 2nd time from Nokia on same phone . last it happened on Android 9 security update. Was told to go to local service centre for software repair then. Now also same. Nokia you suck when such foolish things happen

• Raman zeus Raman zeus
    ✭✭  / 

MAY security patch got installation problem error after completing 100% ...

Please Nokia fix this issue

• DoesntLikeBugs DoesntLikeBugs
    ✭✭  /  edited July 3

Ah ok. Who knows what the reason behind this is then. Probably just another one of many, many bugs in this build. You know, they knew this was a rubbish build back at the end of last year when the Nokia 2.2 got the Android 10 update and had the notification bug. You would think they would withhold such a buggy operating system, and not roll out until the issues had been ironed out.

I have decided I am buying a Sony Xperia L4 to replace the abomination of a phone that my Nokia 3.1 plus has become. I haven't got time to wait around for a fix from HMD. I need my phone to work properly for my life to work properly. Sad that I am such a slave to technology, but its true.

If there are enough people that have been negatively impacted by this there could be a class action lawsuit BUT I suspect that the number of us with defective Android 10 builds on Nokia devices isn't particularly high.

Looks like my love affair with Nokia is over. For whoever at Nokia/HMD reads this I owned:

7110 (sweet matrix phone!)

N-gage

N95 8gb

N900 (this was peak Nokia for me. I loved the built in keyboard and the operating system, meemo, which allowed the user full root access, and had a proper linux terminal built in. I used to run aircrack-ng on that phone and reaver which allowed me to wander round my neighborhood cracking passwords for WEP secured wifi networks)

N9 (almost as good as the N900)

Lumia 700 (this was a great piece of hardware, ruined by a bad operating system, but it was still a thousand times better than this current Android 10 build on my 3.1 plus)

Lumia 520

Lumia 635

Lumia 640

(Microsoft) Lumia 650

Nokia 3

Nokia 3.1 plus

So, you see I have been a user of Nokia branded hardware for more than 20 years. Tomorrow I'm going to buy my first non-nokia mobile phone. I learnt my lesson about you now, HMD. Looking on various forums across the internet you have a terrible reputation for your **** software. Never again! A mobile phone is too important to most people for you to be messing with it and breaking it like this.

EDITED by super user to remove bad language.

• AvgJoe AvgJoe
    ✭✭  /  edited July 3

I have no money for a new phone, and my 3.1 plus is still under warranty, what are my options?

Why does it looks like nobody gives a monkey's uncle? Their customer service is more than useless...

EDITED by super user to remove bad language. Please don't try and evade the swear filter, there are much more creative ways to express one's frustration 😉

• anh kiet anh kiet
    ✭✭  / 

I think the Google security patch sent to nokia 3.1 plus devices has had a problem

• anh kiet anh kiet
    ✭✭  /  edited June 3

Security issues cannot be installed on the device

• anh kiet anh kiet
    ✭✭  / 

I also met the status of Google's May 2020 installation issue. I don't know how to fix this problem later

• Katorjanin174 Katorjanin174
    ✭✭  / 

Тоже такая же проблема

• The white warrior The white warrior
    ✭✭  / 

Bence güncellemeyi iptal ettiler

I think they canceled the update

• Rifqi Arief Rifqi Arief
    ✭✭  / 

Same issue, Nokia 3.1 Plus (Indonesia)

• Alfred Ayiro Alfred Ayiro
    ✭✭  / 

Hi? After updating my nokia 3.1 plus into the android 10 yesterday the May security patch i received shortly after updating to android 10 refused to install. It downloads up to 100% but if it reaches a point of installing it fails. Can the problem be addressed! Again the ambient light display is also failing. Kindly help.