Sufficiently bigger screen and battery

Hello, What if we (Nokia) come up with 2 versions of Nokia 9.3 PureView with relatively smaller size (6inch) and battey around that screen size.

Sufficiently bigger screen and battery

Aniket Gorde Aniket Gorde
✭✭  / 

Hello,

What if we (Nokia) come up with 2 versions of Nokia 9.3 PureView with relatively smaller size (6inch) and battey around that screen size.

1 Nokia 9.3 with 6.7 inch screen

2 Nokia 9.3 with 6 inch screen

Also another imp factors we Nokia lovers expect that Nokia should work on are fast charging, at least 30watt charger.

Comments

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

30w charging (well any rapid charging solution) is only great if you have a nearly flat battery to start with and the ambient temperatures are cool enough to allow the battery to charge safely.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I'm not sure how the OnePlus Dash/VOOC/Warp handles it, but they do claim that their special cable and the thick adapter works in such a way that heat is only left at the adapter end, so, the device happily manages to fast charge while not getting too hot even if the ambient temp is higher. Their setup is indeed better than that of Qualcomm for sure though.

Fast charging is the need of the hour and the sooner HMD understands it, the better it will be for them. Sure, they can sell that fast charging adapter for an extra price, but that option needs to exist. 4000+ MAh of capacity needs more than 18W.

• smh77 smh77
    ✭✭  / 

Two sizes for a flagship phone doesn't really cut it these days unless the larger one has a Plus or Pro moniker, with the equivalent higher specs. Larger battery, upgraded camera array, more RAM, etc, etc. I'm all for for a screen size in the region of 6.6 -7.0 inches. Can't really see the need or financial sense in releasing a smaller version. Especially as the first Nokia 9 Pureview was hardly a resounding success. Get the large screen flagship implemented right. Build a solid customer base for it. Then if it's a hit, possibly consider splitting model into a regular and Plus/Pro specced version. And sort out the name. Nokia 10 Pureview looks cleaner and doesn't have echoes of the 9's failings.

• MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Their set up is cobbled and i am unimpressed by it, you need a specific non standard and expensive USB cable and charger and if the battery is warm due to the ambient temptatures you can expect the charging speed to drop significantly regardless of what you have been told.

I tried it once, thought it performed quite well (but it was winter in the UK then) and put it all back in the box and went back to my non rapid charging Anker 15w charger and 6 foot USB lead, much more practical than the bulky charger and short cable OnePlus supply.