About June update 2020

Tomorrow evening June security patch update will be receiving .....may be it can be android 10 stable update too... wait and watch..

About June update 2020

Sarath.R Sarath.R
✭✭  /  edited June 7

Tomorrow evening June security patch update will be receiving .....may be it can be android 10 stable update too... wait and watch.. tomorrow evening whoever got update share screen shot here 😍 thank u for reading🎉

Comments

• Sarath.R Sarath.R
    ✭✭  /  edited June 8

Agree with ur comment but..I'm using nokia phone I can't go for another one ...bcz I'm financily weak ....whoever peaple like me for those peaple we have only option wait for the update it will solve all the problems 🙂😌 thats the fate like me.. sorry for the any mistake .. I got emotion 🙂 thanks for reading

• kc85 kc85
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 5.1 Plus received June patches today. Maybe tomorrow for 6.1 and 7.1...

• Lawss Lawss
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 5.1 plus received the May Security update today and not the June one which is a shame.

• Sarath.R Sarath.R
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks for sharing this but for nokia 7.1 June patch update is on next Monday not tomorrow

• German Walter German Walter
    ✭✭✭  / 

Aha, so next Monday, how can it be otherwise. So that would be June 15th and I dare to bet that nothing has arrived on June 16th...

I put the damn thing back in the drawer. This is no longer even suitable as a replacement phone....

• Lawss Lawss
    ✭✭✭  / 

What's the source? Don't give lame comments saying tomorrow first and now next week. There's no official news from HMD yet about the delays in updates.

• kc85 kc85
    ✭✭  / 

Don't want to defend Nokia, but all this mess might be a result of covid19 situation and also that they have moved software development to Germany. Maybe Chinese are giving them hard time with migration stuff. I remember migrations in my company, it was always a f**kin disaster...

• kc85 kc85
    ✭✭  / 

Oh and I think we can just ignore this Sarath guy, seems to be a troll.

• kc85 kc85
    ✭✭  /  edited June 9

Fingers crossed, maybe today we get the update...

• Rubien Rubien
    ✭✭  / 

It all started since November of 2019. I think the virus only spread at Wuhan on December. So, how come it got affected?

• Rubien Rubien
    ✭✭  / 

Their problem is quality control. They're so proud about being hailed as the fastest Android phone manufacturer to upgrade their devices to Android 9 Pie. That's why they focus on upgrading all their supported devices to Android 10 as soon as possible even if it is a sh*t.

• kc85 kc85
    ✭✭  / 

That's strange, considering the fact that they have almost pure Android and project treble should make it easy for them. Not to mention the subsequent project, don't remember it's name though...

• DimitriGR DimitriGR
    ✭✭  / 

And of course we all care about the maintenance update not the usual security stuff....

✭✭✭  / 

I don't agree with you at all! What do I get from an Android-10 if the holes the system has aren't patched through monthly patches? Nothing!

Of course, an MP is part of it in a timely manner if something does not work on the basic system.

And let's face it - since Android-8, Google hasn't really brought something groundbreaking. This was always more evolution than revolution....

• Lawss Lawss
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 7.2 users started getting June Security update today and we are still waiting for May Security update.

✭✭✭  / 

I don't expect anything else to come for the 7.1 in June...

• Alex3454 Alex3454
    ✭✭  /  edited June 9

I confirm ser Nokia 7.2 now received security fixes for June

✭✭✭  / 

look at twitter and you'll see....

• kc85 kc85
    ✭✭  / 

So our models have been abounded? This doesn't make sense. Shame that communication with Nokia is not possible...

• danijela huskić danijela huskić
    ✭✭  / 

My phone looks like android 10, but it says its 9.

And also the security patch. Like its from 2018 december.

How? What to do? I think this is just visual. Some kind of bug. Phone is new, bought 1 week ago. Nokia 7.1

• kc85 kc85
    ✭✭  / 

Man, your phone is siriouslly out of date. I had this once on Nokia 4.2, what helped was to factory reset the device, but maybe clearing cache partition will help. You can also try to force updatee, just search out on the web.

• m_abir m_abir
    ✭✭  / 

More than 6 months of disappointment with Nokia 7.1. I had earlier mentioned detailed about bugs in the other threads. I thought that developer also watch our community post and they will work on it. However, nothing has happened so far.

Nokia 7.1 received android 10 on 10th December 2019. Other devices like Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 7.2 received android 10 in 7th January and 31st March 2020 respectively. Surprisingly, Nokia 7.2 got MR update within one month and Nokia 7 Plus got within 5 months.

Great news for Nokia 9 Pureview (It got android 10 on 5th December 2019) user as it received MR update at end of 6 months.

Unfortunately, even more than 6 months of waiting, Nokia 7.1 is still suffering from lots of bugs and no MR update. It is very disappointing to see how Nokia fools us saying about the promised update while selling the devices. I can understand that COVID-19 situation makes difficult to work at this moment. Therefore, MR update should be delayed to all other Nokia devices also. But that is not the case with all devices.

Earlier, I decided to visit Nokia service centre as my devices showing lots of problems. So, before the corona outbreak, I went to Nokia service centre to downgrade android 10 to 9. People who were working at the service centre (near my home) was very unprofessional. I was surprised to see that they were busy in playing PUB-G or Freefire game. I was the only customer on that time and I asked to downgrade android 10 to 9. They told me that downgrade is not possible and they cannot do that.

Although downgrade is possible only at the service centre. Basically, they didn't want to work at all. It was so annoying that I left the place and decide to wait for MR update. Unfortunately, no MR update till date. Probably, Nokia forgot that they have a device called Nokia 7.1.

The way Nokia service centre and Nokia promises are working, I will think twice to buy any Nokia devices in future.

• Lawss Lawss
    ✭✭✭  / 

Yes even I was shocked when I saw that Nokia 7.2 got the MR update faster and the devices which got the Android 10 update much earlier are still not addressed for any of the bugs. I actually regret buying Nokia phones just because it was my favorite brand. It still is my favorite brand but HMD is no more, they actually failed to revive the brand. It's still three years after the release and still Nokia phones are no where like they used to be earlier.

So unless HMD changes their strategy I'll never buy Nokia phones again. I am actually fed up.

✭✭✭  / 

Oh, that's funny. Now I really thought that no one from HMD was reading here. Now just a posting has been deleted from me. :-)

I think I just hit the core....

• DimitriGR DimitriGR
    ✭✭  / 

Downloading the MR update right now! Better late than never Nokia :)