Unlock Bootloader for Nokia 6.1

Since Android 10 will be the last version of Android we will receive. Can we have, at least, our bootloader unlocked?

Unlock Bootloader for Nokia 6.1

Rubien Rubien
✭✭  / 

Since Android 10 will be the last version of Android we will receive. Can we have, at least, our bootloader unlocked? The version of Android 10 in our Nokia 6.1 is a crap and I want to install my preferred custom ROM to it. Please.

Tagged:

Comments

• Dhouk Agha Dhouk Agha
    ✭✭  / 

I agree, is there any possible way we could return the previous version of Android is to our Nokia6.1. Battery issue still not resolved, only the crank speaker volume was fine working after the update today for V4.15C of Android 10.

• Looks like we on our own here. Sucks big time.

• HattinGokbori87 HattinGokbori87
    ✭✭  /  edited September 2020

Is there anything on XDA Forum?

I agree that Nokia should release the firmware code and let owners unlock the bootloader (maybe using the unlock code via their server for security) for at least the end-of-support models instead of just abandoning them. Their competitor are more responsive about this. Even being in Android One program shouldn't be a excuse for unsupported models.

• I believe you have to unlock with Techmesto's paid service. More info on XDA.

But yeah, we're on our own. HMD ain't helping

• Lomii Lomii
    ✭✭  / 

They won't do that. They don't care

• How to unlock nokia 6.1 (2018) bootloader. Any body know how to unlock...

• hizaoui hizaoui
    ✭✭  / 

bad service bad support,

useless phone, and locked bootloader ! why.

• Nokia, please enable OEM unlocking in Nokia 6.1. It became extremely sluggish to use.