Nokia 7.2 Battery drain.

Since last update my Nokia 7.2 battery is draining very quickly. The device is only 3 months old i think. It drains about 40 to 45% in 3 hours during standby.

Nokia 7.2 Battery drain.

Pranav Unkule Pranav Unkule
✭✭  / 

Since last update my Nokia 7.2 battery is draining very quickly.

The device is only 3 months old i think.

It drains about 40 to 45% in 3 hours during standby.

I even use battery saver but it still drains the same way.

I tried factory resetting the device but it is not helping at all.

Please help.

Tagged:

Comments

• Pranav Unkule Pranav Unkule
    ✭✭  / 

I found out that Android System was draining my battery>

It drained almost 60% in ^ hrs of standby.

I ristricted its background usage, it only improved it a little though.

Can any body help on this matter?

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 

Try factory reset from settings. It would wipe your data so be do take a backup.

• Corvo Corvo
    ✭✭  / 

Are you sure there isnt an app which is causing this? Try uninstalling some apps which u dont need in ur daily life and see if you are getting better results

• Pranav Unkule Pranav Unkule
    ✭✭  / 

I tried using safe mode for the same but it was not that helpfull.

• Sambo85 Sambo85
    ✭✭  /  edited June 2020

I own a Nokia 7.2, and after one of the updates a month or 2 ago, I also noticed the battery was draining too quickly - and I know the battery health was still showing as in 'good' condition in the status settings.

I had heard that many android apps have increased their functionality regarding the 'location' demand, not to mention the android software also doing the same thing for feeding other apps - so I decided that I only really needed the location services turned on when I was using the google maps to drive around. I then decided to turn off my 'Location Services' in the phone settings, then shut the phone down, left it off for a minute the turned it on again.

Problem was solved - battery was no longer draining, and I only turned on my Location Services when needing to follow a map - its the best way to get more battery life and you don't want to waist energy having your phone constantly searching for location signals all the time

• Heathiopian Heathiopian
    ✭✭✭  / 

I seen a post on here somewhere a few weeks back that mentioned clearing the cache in bootloader mode, after I done that my battery improved by nearly a day (get almost 2 days usage from my phone now)! Thats with 2 Sims both picking up 4g WiFi on constant as is Bluetooth and location services enabled

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 

Hi.. Couldntou please tell me more about bootloader mode?

AFAIK, we have oy recovery mode.

• Heathiopian Heathiopian
    ✭✭✭  / 

Ah probably my mistake then was most probably recovery mode... Either way doing that helped me 🙂

• Karthik 2003 Karthik 2003
    ✭✭✭  / 

What did you do in safe mode again? I didn't get it. What cache is to be cleared?

• Just bought 5 days ag, from the 1st day i had to charge it three times a day in regular use. it hardly runs 2 hrs after a full charge.

• Without installing any app afte factory reset, its battery drains in 7-8 hrs without any use.

• very worst experience for me too.

• Munawwar Munawwar
     / 

Dear Nokia 7.2 phone users,

Battery Slow Charging and Drain Resolution:-

=====================================================

-Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.

-Turn it on again and let it turn itself off.

-Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100 percent.

-Unplug your charger.

-Turn your phone on. It's likely that the battery indicator won't say 100 percent, so plug the charger back in (leave your phone on) and continue charging until it says 100 percent on-screen as well.

-Unplug your phone and restart it. If it doesn't say 100 percent, plug the charger back in until it says 100 percent on screen.

Repeat this cycle until it says 100 percent (or as close as you think it's going to get) when you start it up without it being plugged in.

Now, let your battery discharge all the way down to 0 percent and let your phone turn off again.

Fully charge the battery one more time without interruption and you should have reset the Android system's battery percentage.

After doing this, my battery drain problem solved.

Br,

Munawwar

• krishna prasad02 krishna prasad02
    ✭✭  /  edited July 2020

@Munawwar I ll try this..

• Nokia is planning to make solid state battery in 2021 for its smartphone

• Nokia is making its own new GPU for gaming with Nvidia Geforce

• Nokia Chromebook is yet to arrive

• Nokia collaborating with opera mini as it's own secure browser

• Nokia Chromebook will Use Qualcomm 8cx chipset and processors

• Here maps is launching an alternative of Google Earth

• Nokia planing to insert Amd GPU and Ryzen chipset in TV

Nokia smart watches with Front camera leaked..with Amd Ryzen processor

• Karthik 2003 Karthik 2003
    ✭✭✭  / 

Umm... Can you stop spamming without proof? It's getting a bit too overkill

• Jocke.Sve Jocke.Sve
    ✭✭✭  / 

Regardless of proof, spamming isn't necessary...

• Rohan34 Rohan34
    ✭✭  / 

Try making these changes in gesture settings..👇

• I expensed 18k for Nokia 7.2 and get 3500 Mah battery with poor backup, always drains fast. It is very disappoint for any customer. Second thing, back cover quality of phone very bad, very scratchy. On the other hand other phone brands giving strong battery backup with great quality. Please improve your quality otherwise reduce your cost. Don't loot us. It is request from my side.

anand.p.yadava@Gmail.com

+91-8577028739